Megha Thakur Height, Age, Death, Boyfriend, Family, Biography & More
Hometown: Brampton, Ontario
Age: 21 Years
Death Date: 24/11/2022
|Profession||Social media influencer|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 170 cm
in meters- 1.70 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 7”
|Date of Birth||17 July 2001 (Tuesday)|
|Date of Death||24 November 2022|
|Place of Death||Brampton, Canada|
|Age (at the time of death)||21 Years|
|Death Cause||According to her parents, she died “suddenly and unexpectedly.” The Times of India|
|School||Mayfield Secondary School, Canada|
|College/University||Western University, Canada|
|Relationships & More|
|Marital Status (at the time of death)||Unmarried|
|Boy Band(s)||One Direction and Jonas Brothers|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Megha Thakur
- Megha (2001-2022) was an Indian-origin Canadian social media influencer and Instagram model. She died on 29 November 2022 in Canada.
- She was born in India; however, her parents moved to Canada and got settled in Brampton, Ontario, when she was one year old.
- She had a huge following on various social media platforms including Instagram and TikTok.
- Apart from videos on body positivity, she used to post dance videos on social media as well.
- Megha often spoke about issues such as mental health and body positivity and shared her spiritual thoughts with her followers.
- Megha was an LGBTQ+ supporter, and she extensively campaigned for the same. Instagram – Megha Thakur
- In many of her Instagram posts, she mentioned that since childhood, she did not have any friends.
- In one of her Instagram posts, Megha talked about how she hated her name and wrote,
My name means rain clouds in Hindi, which I hated because rain clouds made me feel gloomy growing up but recently, I felt one with the clouds.”
- Megha had a podcast on Spotify in which she used to discuss physical health issues, mental health, and body positivity.
- Megha modelled for a few brands including MAC Cosmetics Canada.
- In 2022, four months prior to her death, Megha suffered from stress which resulted in a heart attack. A user on Facebook accused Western University, Canada of her death and said that the university made it mandatory for all the students to get COVID-19 shots which, according to the Facebook user, caused her death.
- On 24 November 2022, Megha passed away due to unknown reasons. Her parents announced the news through her official Instagram account, where they wrote,
It is with heavy hearts we announce the light of our life, our kind, caring, and beautiful daughter, Megha Thakur, suddenly and unexpectedly passed away on November 24, 2022 in the early morning hours. Megha was a confident and independent young woman. She will be dearly missed. She loved her fans and would have wanted you to know of her passing. At this time, we request your blessings for Megha. Your thoughts and prayers will be with her in her onward journey.- Megha’s loving parents”
- Megha’s funeral was held on 29 November 2022 in Canada.
- Megha’s fanbase paid tribute to her online and shared their personal stories on how she helped many of those who suffered from bullying and body-related issues.
|↑1||The Times of India|
|↑2||Instagram – Megha Thakur|