|Real Name||Nafisa Khan IBTimes|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height||in centimeters- 160 cm
in meters- 1.60 m
in Feet Inches- 5' 3”
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Date of Birth||20 February 1988|
|Date of Death||3 June 2013|
|Age (as on 3 June 2013)||25 Years|
|Place of Birth||New York City, USA|
|Place of Death||Mumbai, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Gemini|
|College||Lee Strasberg Theatre and Film Institute in Manhattan, USA|
|Educational Qualification||Not Known|
|Debut||Film (as a child actor): Dil Se (2007, as young Manisha Koirala)
Film (as female lead): Nishabd (2007)
|Family||Father- Ali Rizvi Khan (Indian-American)
Mother- Rabiya Amin (Indian Actress)
Sister- Kavita, Karishma (Both Younger)
|Controversy||• Jia Khan and Amitabh Bachchan starrer Nishabd garnered a big controversy during its release. The theme of the movie was centred around an aged man falling in love with a 16-year old girl. People thought that the actors were setting a bad example for viewers.
• Jiah Khan committed suicide on 3rd June 2013 by hanging herself from the ceiling fan of her bedroom at her Juhu residence. 4 days after her demise, her sister located a suicide note at their home. In the note, Jiah had mentioned about having aborted a baby whose alleged father was Sooraj Pancholi, son of Veteran actor Aditya Pancholi. The letter also revolved around the physical and mental torture that Jiah had been facing after being in a relationship with Sooraj.
As a result, Sooraj was arrested on June 10 on charges of abetment of suicide. However, the Mumbai High court granted him bail the following month saying that he cannot be held solely responsible for it.
On the other hand, a medical report from a private laboratory suggests that Jiah was murdered and the case was allegedly a "staged suicide." The report states that she was first strangled with a belt and was hanged later.
|Favourite Actor||Shah Rukh Khan|
|Favourite Actress||Madhuri Dixit|
|Favourite Director||Mani Ratnam|
|Boys, Affairs and More|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||Sooraj Pancholi (Actor)
- Did Jiah Khan smoke: Not Known
- Did Jiah Khan drink alcohol: Yes
- Jiah’s father, Ali Rizvi Khan, deserted the family when she was around 2 years old. In an interview, Jiah said, “A man who left his daughter when she was two, should be hanged in public.”
- Jiah’s mother, Rabia Amin, was also an Indian actress. Rabia is best known for her role in the movie Dulha Bikta Hai (1982).
- Jiah Khan changed her name from Nafisa Khan before making her debut in ‘Nishabd’ (2007) and changed it back to Nafisa Khan in 2012.
- Interestingly, Jiah Khan was Mukesh Bhatt’s first choice for the lead role in his movie Tumsa Nahin Dekha (2004). However, Jiah backed out as she was only 16 years old at that time and thought that she won’t be able to justify the role. Thus she was later replaced by actress Dia Mirza.
- She was also the original choice for the 2010 Ken Ghosh movie Chance Pe Dance but was again replaced by Genelia D’souza.
- Jiah was a trained opera singer and had recorded six pop tracks until she turned 16.
- Aside from being an actor and singer, Jiah was also an expert in reggae, belly dancing, lambada, salsa, kathak, jazz and samba.
- Jiah Khan is best remembered for her role in the movies- Nishabd and Ghajini.
References/Sources: [ + ]