|Full name||Shraddha Vikash Walker|
|Profession(s)||• Customer Service Representative The Times of India
• Sales Manager The Times of India
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 161 cm
in meters- 1.61 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 3”
|Date of Birth||Year, 1995|
|Date of Death||18 May 2022 The Times of India|
|Place of Death||Chhatarpur Pahadi, Delhi The Times of India|
|Age (at the time of death)||27 Years|
|Death Cause||Murdered by her live-in partner, Aftab Poonawala|
|College/University||VIVA Institute of Technology in Virar, Maharashtra|
|Educational Qualification||Pursued Bachelor of Mass Media degree at the VIVA Institute of Technology (dropped-out) The Times of India|
|Caste||Koli The Times of India|
|Address||C-504, Sanskruti Apartment, Jawaharlal Nehru Road, Near G. G. College, Vasai West, District Palghar, Maharashtra|
|Relationships & More|
|Marital Status (at the time of death)||Unmarried|
|Parents||Father- Vikash Madan Walker
Mother- Suman Madan Walker (deceased)
|Siblings||Brother- Shreejay Walker
Some Lesser Known Facts About Shraddha Walker
- Shraddha Walker, an Indian woman from Maharashtra, was strangled to death by her live-in partner Aftab Poonawala in 2022. Reportedly, her body was dismembered into 35 pieces by her boyfriend and was disposed of in different places in the forest area of South Chhatarpur in Delhi.
- According to sources, Shraddha joined an organisation in Mumbai in April 2017 as a Customer Service Representative and worked till March 2018. She also worked as a Sales Manager (2018-2020) at a retail sports shop in Dahisar, Maharashtra. The Times of India
- As per reports, she left her job during the COVID-19 pandemic and decided to give her final exams for the mass media programme. Later, she joined an IT firm where she was promoted to the designation of a team leader from a customer service representative. The Times of India
- Shraddha and Aaftab met through ‘Bumble,’ an online dating app, in 2018.
- Reportedly, they decided to shift to Delhi in March 2022 and started living in a rented house in the Chhatarpur area, Mehrauli, when their parents did not accept their relationship. Some media sources claim that Aaftab shifted to Delhi, believing that he would get better opportunities in Delhi in the IT sector; however, Shraddha left her house and moved in with Aaftab when her parents refused to accept her relationship with him.
- According to Shraddha’s friend Rajat Shukla, Shraddha was in a violent relationship with Aaftab. Rajat, in an interview, mentioned that Shraddha once told her friends about Aaftab’s aggressive behaviour and that she wanted to get out of this relationship, but she could not. Rajat Shukla, in the interview, said,
Today suddenly the news flashed on the mobile of her murder. I was shaken to the core of my soul that my friend has been murdered. She had told us in 2019 that she was in a relationship since 2018. They lived together. Initially, they lived happily, but then Shraddha started saying that Aaftab beats her. She wanted to leave him but couldn’t do so.” The Times of India
- Reportedly, the couple would often have frequent arguments, and their relationship started becoming sour. The duo even decided to take a trip to the hills in the month of March and April for a new beginning of their relationship. The Times of India The couple, however, again started having arguments. On 18 May 2022, Aftab, in anger, after being pressurised by Shraddha for getting married, strangled her to death and chopped off her body into 35 pieces using a saw and kept it in a 300-litre refrigerator, which he bought from the local market, in his rented flat in Delhi. Reportedly, Aaftab threw the pieces in different places across the city in a row.
- Reportedly, after being informed by one of Shraddha’s friends in September 2022 about Shraddha’s disappearance for almost 2.5 months, Shraddha’s father lodged a missing complaint at Manickpur police station in Vasai, Maharashtra on 12 October 2022. The case was later transferred to Mehrauli police station in New Delhi based on Shraddha’s last location. The Times of India
- On 11 November 2022, Aaftab Poonawala was arrested from his house in Chhatarpur under the IPC sections 302 (murder) and 201 (causing the disappearance of evidence of an offence committed). The Times of India
- Reportedly, Shraddha’s social media account was kept active by Aftab, The Times of India and her credit card bills were also paid by him to avoid any kind of suspicion. The Times of India
- Reportedly, Shraddha’s father, Vikash Walker, suspected Aaftab’s involvement in the disappearance of his daughter and believed that there must be a ‘love jihad’ angle in the case of his daughter’s murder. In an interview, Vikash Walker said,
- According to sources, Shraddha, as a teen, and her father’s relationship was so strained that she told her friends and teachers in college that her father was not living with her family, and she was the only person earning in the family. The Times of India
- Shraddha’s murder case was solved after five months.
- During the investigation, it was found that Shraddha had feared that Aftab would cut her into pieces in a complaint, dated 23 November 2020, to the police at Tilunj in their hometown, Vasai, in Maharashtra. Reportedly, she registered the complaint by writing a letter to the cops after Aftab beat her up at a flat they shared. NDTV In the letter, Shraddha wrote,
Today he tried to kill me by suffocating me and he scares me and blackmails me that he will kill me, cut me up in pieces and throw me away. It’s been six months he has been hitting me but I did not have the guts to go to the police because he would threaten to kill me.”