Some Lesser Known Facts About Meher Vij
- Does Meher Vij smoke: Not Known
- Does Meher Vij drink alcohol: Not Known
- Not many people know that Meher Vij’s birth name is Vaishali Sahdev. She changed her name from Vaishali to Meher because of the popularity of her on-screen character ‘Meher Juneja’ from the TV show- Kis Desh Mein Hai Meraa Dil (2009).
- Although Meher made her Bollywood debut with the movie Lucky: No Time For Love (2005), she was first seen in a cameo role (of a nurse) in the film, Saaya (2003).
- It was during the shoot of her debut TV show, Kis Desh Main Hai Mera Dil, that Meher fell in love with her co-star Manav Vij. Just after a few months of courtship, the duo tied the knot in a hush-hush wedding ceremony.
- Despite having a penchant for positive roles, Meher tried her hands in a negative role in the TV show- Ram Milaayi Jodi (2010).
- Meher’s short film, The Pied Piper (2013), was screened at various international film festivals.
- Her breakthrough in Bollywood came with Salman Khan starrer Bajrangi Bhaijaan (2015). In the movie, Meher portrayed the character of Munni’s (Harshali Malhotra‘s) mother.