Mohammad Shahzad (Cricketer) Height, Weight, Age, Wife, Family, Biography & More
|Full Name||Mohammad Shahzad Mohammadi|
|Profession||Cricketer (Batsman & Wicket-keeper)|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 163 cm
in meters- 1.63 m
in feet inches- 5’ 4”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 85 kg
in pounds- 187 lbs
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|International Debut||ODI- 30 August 2009 against Netherlands at Amstelveen, Netherlands
Test- 14 June 2018 against India at Bengaluru, Karnataka
T20- 1 February 2010 against Ireland at Colombo, Sri Lanka
|Jersey Number||#77 (Afghanistan)|
|Domestic/State Team||Sheikh Jamal Dhanmondi Club, Habib Bank Limited, Rangpur Riders, Peshawar Zalmi, Paktia|
|Records (main ones)||• In 2009, he became the first Afghan player to make a century in an ODI; after scoring 110 against Netherlands.
• In 2010, he became the first Afghan to score a first-class double century after scoring 214* in Afghanistan against Canada in the Intercontinental Cup.
• In 2017, he became the first cricket player to score two half-centuries in two separate international matches on the same day, i.e., 80 against Oman and 52* against Ireland.cricket.com.au
|Date of Birth||31 January 1988|
|Age (as in 2018)||30 Years|
|Birthplace||Jalalabad, Nangarhar Province, Afghanistan|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Aquarius|
|Hometown||Jalalabad, Nangarhar Province, Afghanistan|
|Controversies||• In 2017, he was suspended for two matches in Zimbabwe for slamming his bat on the pitch after being dismissed in a qualifying match.
• In December 2017, he was suspended from all cricket-related activities for one-year (from 17 January 2017) after he breached Article 2.1 of the ICC Anti-Doping Code. Before the match, he had ingested the banned substance Clenbuterol, which is used as a contaminant of a weight-loss product "Hydroxycut."
• In April 2018, he was fined to pay 300,000 Afghanis (around $4,400) after he was caught playing for a Pakistani cricket club in Peshawar without the permission of Afghanistan Cricket Board (ACB).
• In July 2018, he was banned by the ACB for an ODI and also fined 50 percent of match fee for breaching the ACB's code of conduct.
|Relationships & More|
|Wife/Spouse||Name Not Known|
|Parents||Names Not Known|
|Favourite Cricketer||MS Dhoni|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Mohammad Shahzad
- Does Mohammad Shahzad smoke?: Not Known
- Does Mohammad Shahzad drink alcohol?: Yes
- Though his family hails from Jalalabad, Nangarhar Province, Afghanistan; Mohammad Shahzad had spent his early years in a Peshawar’s refugee camp in Pakistan.
- He made his first-class debut in 2009 against ‘Zimbabwe XI.’
- In the same year, he played his first ODI for ‘Afghanistan’ against the ‘Netherlands.’ In one of the matches, he scored 110 runs and became the first Afghan player to score a century in ODI.
- In 2010, Afghanistan won the ‘ICC World Twenty20 Qualifier’ series, after which, he got selected to play for the ‘2010 ICC World Twenty20.’
- In the same year, Mohammad Shahzad was the part of the Afghanistan squad when they won the ‘2010 ACC Trophy Elite’ by defeating Nepal in the finals.
- In 2016, he became the first associate player to score 10 fifty plus scores in the T20Is.
- In 2018, he was picked by the ‘Paktia’ franchise for the ‘Afghan Premier League’ (APL).
- According to some media reports, Mohammad Shahzad was approached during the 2018 Asia Cup to underperform in the 2018 APL tournament.