Age: 70 Years
|Other Name||He started his acting career with the name Ajay Agarwal.|
|Famous Role||‘Samri’ in the Bollywood film, ‘Purana Mandir’ (1984)
|Physical Stats & More|
|IMDB Height||in centimeters- 193 cm
in meters- 1.93 m
in feet & inches- 6’ 4”
|Debut||Film, Bollywood: Teri Maang Sitaron Se Bhar Doon (1982)
Film, Hollywood: The Jungle Book (1994)
TV: Zee Horror Show (1993)
|Date of Birth||20 December 1949 (Tuesday)|
|Age (as in 2019)||70 Years|
|College/University||University of Roorkee (now IIT Roorkee)|
|Educational Qualification||Civil Engineering BBC|
|Relationships & More|
|Children||Son- Aseem Agarwal
Daughter- Kapila Agarwal (Architect)
|Parents||Names Not Known|
|Siblings||He is eighth among his five brothers and five sisters. His eldest brother’s name is Chandanlal Agarwal.|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Anirudh Agarwal
- Anirudh Agarwal is an Indian film and television actor.
- While he was in school and college, he used to participate in various sports tournaments.
- He was elected as the General Secretary of the youth council in his college.
- A tumour in his pituitary gland resulted in his increased height and distortion of his face.
- After completing his graduation, he joined the Bhabha Atomic Research Centre in Mumbai; as a civil contractor.
- Initially, his parents were not happy with his decision to work as an actor.
- One of his friends suggested him to meet the famous Indian directors, Ramsay Brothers. At that time, Ramsay Brothers were looking for an actor who can work as a ghost in their next film.
- Anirudh got an opportunity to work in the horror film, ‘Purana Mandir’ (1984); as Samri. He got immense popularity with this role, and later, acted in various Hindi films, like ‘3D Saamri’ (1985), ‘Ram Lakhan’ (1989), ‘Bandh Darwaza’ (1990), ‘Bandit Queen’ (1994), ‘Dulhan Bani Daayan’ (1999), ‘Mela’ (2000), and ‘Mallika’ (2010).
- He appeared in various TV serials, like ‘Tu Tu Main Main’ (1994), ‘Mano Ya Na Mano’ (1995), and ‘Shaktimaan’ (1997).
- He has also acted in a few Hollywood films.
- The Mumbai Police nicknamed the underworld criminal Mohammed Iqbal Sheikh as “Purana Mandir,” which became a matter of mistaken identity with Anirudh.
- Anirudh’s son, Aseem Agrawal debuted as an actor in the Hindi film, ‘Fight Club’ (2006), and his daughter, Kapila Agarwal debuted in the Bollywood film, ‘Bunty Aur Babli’ (2005).