Some Lesser Known Facts About Mridul Krishna Shastri
- He is the sixth generation of music king Swami Haridas who was the spiritual master of famous musicians Tansen and Baijubawra during Akbar’s era.
- He spent his youthful days in Bihariji’s service constantly and also accompanied his father in all ”Bhagavata Purana Kathas.”
- At the age of sixteen, he was ordained as the next vaktha (narrator) of ”Bhagavata Purana” by his father in Haridwar, India.
- He has been narrating the ”Bhagavata Kathas” for 36 years and has completed 700 ”Bhagwat Kathas” till now.
- He learned the ”Bhāgavata” and basics of Sanskrit language from his father.
- He is the master of 8000 shlokas and chaupais of Shri Ramcharitmanas.
- During ”Bhagavata Kathas,” Mridul ji stresses on the need of the love of God in human life.
- According to him, the Bhagavata Purana explains the unconditional love of Gopis for Lord Krishna and it is the real bhakti rasa (the essence of devotional feelings) of Gopis that binds the Lord.
- He dedicated his life to the devotion of Krishna, preaching ”Bhagavata Purana” and construction of Krishna temples like Radha Sneha Bihari Mandir.
- During his Krishna Katha, the audience like to listen and dance on the Krishna bhajans composed and sung by him.
- He established the ”Shri Bhāgavata Mission Trust” that runs some projects like Shri Radharani Gaushala in Vrindavan (with 150 cows) and Shri Radha Sneh Bihari Ashram in Vrindavan that provides accommodation, food, and other facilities to the visitors.
- ”Shri Bhāgavata Mission Trust” has also been publishing a monthly Hindi magazine Mridul Chintan, since 2003. Recently, it has launched a religious cable television channel- Adhyatma.
- Recently, he has also rebuilt the Sneha Bihari temple combining the features of traditional Vrindavan and modern architecture. Many spiritual programmes are held here annually.
- According to the views of his audience, he explains the shlokas of ”Bhāgavata Purana” in a very simple way and his sweet voice makes the audience absorbed in the devotion of Krishna fully.
- His Bhāgavata Purana Katha is popular not only in India but also in different countries of the world. It is telecasted in different TV channels like Adhyatma, Aastha TV, and many others.
- He has lakhs of disciples who worship him as a spiritual master on the occasion of Guru Purnima annually.
- According to his listeners and followers, his narrations of the characters, situations, scenes, nature and other features of the ”Bhāgavata Purana” are so vivid that they feel as if everything is happening in front of their eyes.
📢⚡TRENDING: Watch the biography of REAL "Gully Boy" - Naezy⚡