Education: BA In Psychology And Economics
Age: 46 Years
Hometown: Ahmedabad, Gujarat
|Profession(s)||Theatre Artist and Film & Television Actor|
|Famous role||Tulsidas Parekh aka Babuji in the Hindi sitcom ‘Khichdi’ (2002) aired on Star One
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 178 cm
in meters- 1.78 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 10”
|Hair Colour||Salt & Pepper|
|Debut||Film (English): Gandhi (1982) as J.B. Kripalani
Film (Hindi): Antaheen (1986)
Film (French): Amok (1993) as Le Chauffeur
Film (Gujarati): Kevi Rite Jaish (2012) as Ishwarbhai Patel
TV (Hindi): Bharat Ek Khoj (1988) as Rajan
|Date of Birth||4 May 1953 (Monday)|
|Age (as of 2022)||46 Years|
|Birthplace||Ahmedabad, Bombay State, India (now Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India)|
|College/University||St. Xavier’s College, Ahmedabad|
|Educational Qualification||BA in Psychology and Economics YouTube- Sansad TV|
|Relationships & More|
|Wife/Spouse||Chitra Desai (poet and writer)
|Children||Son(s)- 2 (image in wife's section)
• Tanuj Desai (works at Star India Pvt Ltd)
• Nachiket Desai
|Parents||Father- Name Not Known (cardiologist)
Mother- Name Not Known (singer and painter)
|Siblings||He has three younger sisters, and one of his sisters Gopi Desai is a TV actress.
Some Lesser Known Facts About Anang Desai
- Anang Desai is an Indian theatre artist and film & television actor. He mainly appears in Gujarati and Hindi films and TV serials.
- He was inclined towards acting and singing since his childhood. He used to perform in various school and college theatre plays.
- Anang was born into a well-to-do family of doctors.
- After completing his graduation, he did an acting course at the National School of Drama, New Delhi and Film and Television Institute of India, Pune, Maharashtra. He then worked at NSD as the institute’s professional repertory and worked there for more than five years. Later, he acted in many Hindi and Gujarati theatre plays. He even worked with a theatre group in Gujarat. Some of his popular theatre plays are Mukhya Mantri, Begum ka Takiya, Tughlaq, Kotwal, and Virasat.
- As his mother tongue was Gujarati, he was not able to speak Hindi properly in the initial years of his career. He then read Hindi books, magazines, and newspapers to get a command on the Hindi language.
- Anang is a trained singer in Hindustani classical music. YouTube- Sansad TV He has worked as a singer at All India Radio, Ahmedabad.
- He then acted in many Hindi films like ‘Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam’ (1999), ‘Mamta’ (2002), ‘Ishq Vishk’ (2003), ‘Good Boy, Bad Boy’ (2007), ‘Khichdi: The Movie’ (2010), and ‘Rustom’ (2016).
- He has also appeared in Gujarati films such as ‘Jaysuk Zdpayo’ (2022) and ‘Tu Rajee Re’ (2022).
- Anang gained immense popularity with his Hindi TV serials like ‘Parinati’ (1989), ‘Byomkesh Bakshi’ (1994), ‘Khichdi’ (2002), ‘Woh Rehne Waali Mehlon Ki’ (2006), ‘Chidiya Ghar’ (2016), and ‘Bhabiji Ghar Par Hain!’ (2021).
- In 2019, he received the Best Supporting Actor Award at the 12th Transmedia Awards.