|Profession||Film Producer, Businessman|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 172 cm
in meters- 1.72 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 8”
|Date of Birth||27 July 1946 (Saturday)|
|Date of Death||19 April 2022 (Tuesday)|
|Place of Death||A private hospital in Hyderabad|
|Age (at the time of death)||76 Years|
|Death Cause||Age-related ailments The Indian Express|
|Relationships & More|
|Marital Status (at the time of death)||Married|
|Marriage Date||Not Known|
|Wife/Spouse||Name Not Known|
|Children||Son- Sunil Narang, Bharath Narang
Daughter- Name Not Known
|Parents||Names Not Known|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Narayan Das Narang
- Narayan Das Narang was an Indian businessman and film producer, who was known for predominantly producing Telugu language films industry. He also served as the president of Telugu Film Chamber Of Commerce.
- Narayan Das Narang was a well-known film producer in the Telugu cinema industry. He has worked with industry heavyweights like as Chiranjeevi, Nagarjuna, Mahesh Babu, and Naga Chaitanya, and has produced over 650 films throughout his career.
- ‘Love Story,’ a Telugu-language musical romantic-drama film, was one of his most successful recent films (2021). Naga Chaitanya and Sai Pallavi played the key parts, with Rajeev Kanakala, Devayani, Easwari Rao, and Uttej playing supporting roles. The film was released in theatres on September 24, 2021, to mixed reviews from critics who praised Chaitanya and Pallavi’s performances while criticising the film’s lengthy runtime. The film made Rs. 8.75 crore on its first day in India, the most since theatres reopened and began showing films after the second covid wave. Despite a budget of 30 crore, the film grossed more than 60 crore at the box office, making it a commercially successful venture. Talking about the film, he said,
I was a little scared when I first heard this story. But we decided to do it after hearing the whole story. It includes all kinds of emotions along with the game. The story was sent to Naga Shourya as soon as it was heard. He was fixated on doing it as soon as he heard. It was later co-produced by North Star Entertainments and Sarath Marar. The Love Story movie was a great success for us. It was also a commercial success. Shekhar Kammula gave us a good movie. The amount that came to us at that time was very high. Movies change from week to week. The target movie is coming this week. Archery based movies have not come so far. That point impressed everyone. Provokes interest.”
- Narayan Das Narang, in addition to being a film producer, also established himself as a successful businessman. He co-founded renowned multiplexes such as AMB Cinemas, AVD Cinemas, and AAA Cinemas alongside Mahesh Babu, Vijay Deverakonda, and Allu Arjun. He was a co-owner of AMB Cinemas in Hyderabad.
- Narayan Das Narang was continually striving to improve the cinematic experience for the spectator. While some critics criticised the internet sale of theatrical tickets, he publicly welcomed the practise. During a media interaction when asked about the same, he replied,
Online ticketing is good. No one has any trouble with that. Otherwise ticket rates are embarrassing. Rates are good in Telangana. But the situation in AP is not good. We are discussing the matter with the government. Hope to respond positively soon. If the whole country is going in one direction, can we not go in the other direction? Definitely have to raise rates. The theaters we have are nowhere in the country. Theaters are built with the latest touches. Audiences also want to see movies in such a theater. In my opinion, it would be better for the industry if the rates were not too high and not too low. Audiences may not come to theaters even if it is too high. With ticket prices so low it has become difficult for producers.”
- Narayan Das Narang died on April 19, 2022, in a private hospital in Hyderabad. For some months, he had been suffering from a variety of age-related diseases. After learning of his death, the whole Telugu cinema industry was stunned. Taran Adarsh, an Indian cinema critic and trade expert, confirmed the news on Twitter and expressed his condolences. He Tweeted,
Extremely sad to hear about the demise of Shri #NarayanDasNarang ji, a hugely respected personality of the #Telugu film industry… #NarayanDas ji was Chairman of #AsianGroup and an eminent producer, exhibitor and financier… Deepest condolences to his family… Om Shanti.”
- Several Telugu film stars expressed their condolences for the filmmaker’s death on social media. Mahesh Babu, the actor, rushed to Twitter to offer his condolences on the demise of Narayan Das. He uploaded a photo of them with the message,
Shocked and saddened by the demise of #NarayanDasNarang garu. A prolific figure in our film industry.. his absence will be deeply felt. A privilege to have known and worked with him. His vision and passion for cinema are an inspiration for many of us. Strength and condolences to his family and loved ones.”
- Many well-known Telugu celebrities, including Chiranjeevi, Naga Chaitanya, Nagarjuna, and Mahesh Babu, attended Narayan Das Narang’s burial in Hyderabad.