Nikki Haley Age, Height, Husband, Family, Religion, Biography & More
• In 2004, she ran for the South Carolina House of Representatives for a district in Lexington County.
• In 2004, she became the 1st Indian-American to hold the office after winning the Primary and the General Election.
• In 2006, she was re-elected unopposed and also defeated her Democrat challenger in 2008.
• On 2 November 2010, she was elected Governor from the South Carolina.
• On 4 November 2014, she was re-elected Governor form the South Carolina.
Physical Stats & More
in centimeters- 173 cm
in meters- 1.73 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 8”
in Kilograms- 60 kg
in Pounds- 132 lbs
Date of Birth
January 20, 1972
Age (as in 2016)
Bamberg, South Carolina, U.S.
Zodiac sign/Sun sign
South Carolina, United States
Orangeburg Preparatory Schools, South Carolina
Clemson University, South Carolina, United States
Bachelor of Science degree in accounting
In 2004, when she ran for the South Carolina House of Representatives for a district in Lexington County
Father- Ajit Singh Randhawa Mother- Raj Kaur Randhawa Brothers- Mitti Randhawa (a retired member of the United States Army Chemical Corps), Charan Randhawa (a web designer) Sisters- Simran Singh (a radio host and Fashion Institute of Technology alumna)
1205 Pendleton Street
• In June 2011, she sparked a controversy for calling a reporter "little girl".
• In July 2013, the State Ethics Commission fined her with $3,500 and gave a "public warning" for failing to report the addresses of 8 donors during her 2010 gubernatorial campaign.
Boys, Affairs and More
Michael Haley (an officer in the South Carolina Army National Guard)
Daughter- Rena Haley Son- Nalin Haley
Some Lesser Known Facts About Nikki Haley
Does Nikki Haley smoke?: Not Known
Does Nikki Haley drink alcohol?: Not Known
She was born in an Indian Sikh family in Bamberg, South Carolina, United States.
At the age of 5, she was disqualified from the Little Miss Bamberg pageant, along with her sister; as they didn’t fit in “white” or “black” categories.
Her family nicknamed her “Nikki,” which means “little one.”
At the age of 13, she started her first job by maintaining the accounts of her family’s clothing store.
She helped grow her family’s clothing business- Exotica International into a major success.
After college, she also worked as an accountant at a recycling company.
She converted to Christianity from Sikhism and often attends Sikh-events.
She was the first and the youngest elected governor in 2010 and was re-elected with the largest victory margin in the 24 years history of South Carolina Gubernatorial Elections.
She is the first Indian-American Governor of South Carolina and 2nd in the American History.
Nikki Haley is also a part of the Tea Party Movement.
After the Terrorist attack in Paris, she was one among many governors who opposed opening their state’s door to Syrian refugees.
In 2012, she published a memoir- “Can’t Is Not an Option: My American Story”.
In 2015, she called for the removal of Confederate Battle Flag from the South Carolina Statehouse.
In 2018, she resigned from her role as the United States ambassador to the United Nations.