|Nickname||Nittu Facebook - Nitya Mathur|
• Theatre Artist
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 160 cm
in meters- 1.60 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 3”
|Figure Measurements (approx.)||34-26-35|
|Debut||Film: Blurr as Ira(2023)
Web Series: The Fame Game on Netflix as Ayah (2022)
|Date of Birth||9 May|
|School||Vibgyor School, Mumbai|
|College/University||• Sophia College, Mumbai
• Drama School, Mumbai
|Educational Qualification(s) LinkedIn - Nitya Mathur||• Bachelor of Arts in Journalism and Mass Communication
• Master of Arts in Acting and Theatre Making
|Food Habit||Non-vegetarian Instagram - Nitya Mathur|
|Hobbies||Reading Novels, Writing, Listening to Music|
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||Keenan Burroughs (film director)
|Parents||Father- Navendu Mathur (works in the corporate sector)
Mother- Kavita Mathur (entrepreneur)
|Siblings||She is the only child of her parents.|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Nitya Mathur
- Nitya Mathur is an Indian actress, writer, and theatre artist. She is known for playing the role of Shazia in the Disney+ Hotstar series Taaza Khabar (2023).
- Fond of acting since childhood, Nitya Mathur, since her school days, started working as a theatre artist in various theatrical productions.
- After completing her higher secondary education, she enrolled at Sophia College, Mumbai to pursue her formal education. At Sophia College, Nitya participated in various theatrical productions.
- While pursuing her undergraduate degree at Sophia College, Mumbai, Nitya often performed in various theatrical productions. She was an active member of the Sophia College English Dramatics Association (SCEDA), a college club that organizes many theatrical productions and acting workshops. She has worked as a theatre artist with Thespo, a youth theatre festival. She has also worked for theatre companies like QTP and The Company Theatre. In 2019, she worked in the play ‘Fats The Arts Bone of Contention in Cosmopolitan’ which opened at the Prithvi Festival in Mumbai.
- In 2022, Nitya Mathur made her film debut with the Hindi-language film Blurr in which she played the role of Ira.
- In 2022, Nitya Mathur made her digital debut with the Netflix series The Fame Game in which she played the role of young Ayah. In 2023, she appeared in the Disney+ Hotstar series Taaza Khabar in which she played the role of Shazia.
- Nitya Mathur, during an interview, talked about the character ‘Shazia’ she played in the Disney+ Hotstar web series Taaza Khabar, opposite Bhuvan Bam and talked about how she prepared for the character. Nitya said,
There are parts of Shazia that are actually a lot like me. So I drew from my own experiences for those. For example, Shazia’s relationship with her father is a lot like what I have in real life. A father and daughter who have different approaches to life, but deeply love and care about each other; will do anything for each other, and put honest effort into understanding each other. Honestly, the script was very well written and gave the actor most of what was needed. What I had to think about was the social and economic setting she’s been brought up in. It’s very different from my reality. I wanted to understand how it has shaped the way she thinks, without going into stereotypes.”
- Before venturing into films, in 2017, Nitya worked as a content writer for Cat Cafe Studios, Mumbai. In 2020, she worked as a freelance content writer at Wellness Associates and Chef Payal Gupta Foodstyling.
- Nitya Mathur has worked as an actor in many videos on the popular YouTube channel ‘FilterCopy.’ She has appeared in videos like If You Could Build Your Partner (2021), Random Things That Happen In The Shower (2022), and When You Secretly Date In Office (2022).
- In 2020, Nitya Mathur interviewed Farroukh Mehta, an actor who worked in films like Pestonjee (1988) and My Name is Khan (2010).
- Nitya Mathur, during an interview, recalled her audition for the Web series Taaza Khabar and said that she was suffering from COVID-19 when she gave an acting audition for the Disney+ Hotstar series. Nitya Mathur said,
I remember I got a call from Navratan Mehta’s team, who is the casting director and they gave me the brief. This was the time I was recovering from COVID. I remember the first round of auditions of self-testing that I did. I was in my room. My friend was on a zoom call with me, giving me cues (because it was a conversational scene) and I was very sick at the time. But the minute I heard about the project, I knew that I wanted to be a part of it. So after 2 to 3 days, I got a call back, and they asked me to do a few more sequences.”
- Nitya Mathur is a writer. She has published several written works on her self-titled blog, including Jive – A Short Story, We need more ‘Loev’!, and Go go go chai time. She has also worked as a writer for Cat Cafe Studios in Mumbai. In 2020, she worked as a freelance content writer at Wellness Associates and Chef Payal Gupta Foodstyling.
- In an interview, Nitya Mathur recalled the turning point of her acting career. She said,
- Nitya Mathur is an avid dog lover and has a pet dog.
- She is often spotted consuming alcohol on various occasions.