• Theatre artist
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 160 cm
in meters- 1.60 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 3”
|Debut||Film (Hindi): Praan Jaye Par Shaan Na Jaye (2003) as Elachi
Film (Marathi): Nishkalank (2003) as Shobha
TV (Marathi): Abhalmay on Alpha TV (1999) as Chitra
|Date of Birth||22 March 1968 (Friday)|
|Age (as of 2023)||55 years|
|Religion||Hinduism Facebook - Atisha Naik|
|Tattoo||She has got an owl tattoo inked on her left arm.
|Relationships & More|
|Parents||Name not known
Some Lesser Known Facts About Atisha Naik
- Atisha Naik is an actor and theatre artist who predominantly works in the Marathi entertainment industry. She became popular after she appeared in the Disney+ Hotstar web series Taaza Khabar (2023) in which she played the role of Vaishya’s mother.
- While growing up in Mumbai, Atisha wanted to become an actor.
- At the age of eight, Atisha started her career in acting. She made her acting debut as a child artist with the theatrical production Good Bye Doctor.
- In 1994, Atisha worked as a theatre artist in the Marathi theatrical production named Wada Chirebandi.
- In 2018, Atisha worked as an actor in the Marathi theatrical production Ashi hi Shyamchi Aai. Subsequently, she appeared in various theatrical productions like Sorry Wrong Number, Sakharam Binder, Gidhade, Suryachi Pille, Varyavarchi Varat, Jaubai Jorat, Vijay Dinanath Chauhan, and Dili Supari Baykochi.
- In 2018, Atisha won the Attention Catching Actress Award for her Marathi theatrical production Ashi Hi Shyamchi Aai at the Sanskruti Kaladarpan Award Ceremony.
- In 1999, she made her television debut with the Alpha TV Marathi show Abhalmay. Later, in 2008, she appeared in the TV show Ek Packet Umeed in which she played the role of Sundari.
- Atisha has worked in many Marathi television shows like Ghadlay Bighadlay (1999), Ya Gojirwanya Gharat (2006), Madhu Ithe An Chandra Tithe (2011), Dilya Ghari Tu Sukhi Raha (2011), Swapnanchya Palikadale (2010), Fu Bai Fu (2010), Ghadge & Suun (2017), Bun Maska (2016), Pudhcha Paaul (2011), and Sundara Manamadhe Bharli (2020).
- In 2018, Atisha made a guest appearance on the Sab TV show Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah in which she played the character of a lady don. In the same year, she made a guest appearance in the Colors Marathi reality show Big Boss Marathi Season One.
- In 2003, Atisha made her film debut with the Marathi film Nishkalank in which she played the role of Shobha. In 2006, she appeared in the Marathi film Manthan: Ek Amrut Pyala in which she played a supporting role.
- Subsequently, Atisha worked in many Marathi films like Ek Daav Sansaracha (2007), Deool (2011), and We Are On Houn Jau Dya (2013).
- In 2003, she made her Bollywood debut with the film Praan Jaye Par Shaan Na Jaye in which she played the role of Elaichi. Subsequently, Atisha worked in many Bollywood films like Wake Up Sid (2009), Lafangey Parindey (2010), City of Dreams (2021), and Gangubai Kathiawadi (2022).
- In 2023, Atisha made her digital debut with the Disney+ Hotstar series Taaza Khabar in which she played the role of Vasya’s mother.
- In an interview, Atisha talked about her television show Pudhcha Paul (2011) in which she played the role of an antagonist. Atisha said that she was trolled by social media users for being vicious on the television show. During the same discussion, Atisha explained,
You don’t always end up getting positive messages from your fans. Earlier, I have received so many hate messages and texts that I have lost count of. But then I avoid them. I know that those texts are not for me but for the character that I am playing. There have been some instances where I had to react to some text messages, and I have always stood for myself when I had to face such situations. I believe that the audience is smart enough to take one serial at a time. They won’t judge you by your role but only by your performance.”
- A dog lover, Atisha has adopted three stray dogs on the sets of her television show and named them Bandya, Bubly, and Manjula. She often posts pictures of feeding stray dogs on social media. She also has a pet dog at her home. In an interview, Atisha talked about this and said,
I am very fond of dogs. I also have a dog at home. We have three dogs on set. A dog was coming on the set. I named him ‘Bandya’. A few days later another dog arrived; This was his girlfriend. So I named her ‘Bubli’. And then came a third one, very quiet. So I named her ‘Manjula’. There are currently three dogs around me on our sets.” Maharashtra Times
- Atisha is also a college mentor. She mentors film students at the MGM College of Journalism & Mass Communication.