Om Raut Age, Girlfriend, Wife, Children, Family, Biography & More
Profession: Filmmaker, Producer
Age: 40 Years
• Film director
• Film producer
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 172 cm
in meters- 1.72 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 8”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 80 kg
in pounds- 176 lbs
|Debut||Marathi Film: Lokmanya: Ek Yug Purush (2015)
Hindi Film: Tanhaji (2020)
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||2016: At Filmfare Awards, he received the Best Debut Director for the film Lokmanya: Ek Yug Purush
2015: At 52nd Maharashtra State Awards, he earned Best Director for Lokmanya: Ek Yug Purush
2021: At 66th Filmfare Awards, he was honoured with the Best Director award for the film Tanhaji: The Unsung Warrior
2022: At 68th National Film Awards, he received the Best Popular Film for film Tanhaji: The Unsung Warrior
|Date of Birth||21 December 1981 (Tuesday )|
|Age (as of 2022)||40 Years|
|Birthplace||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Hometown||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|School||Balmohan Vidyamandir, Mumbai, India|
|College/University||• Shah and Anchor College of Engineering, Mumbai
• Syracuse University, New York
|Educational Qualification(s)||• A bachelor’s degree in Electronics Engineering from the Shah & Anchor College of Engineering in Mumbai
• A post graduate degree at Syracuse University in New York
|Food Habit||Non-vegetarian Om's Instagram Post|
|Controversy||In October 2022, a plea had been filed against him over Saif Ali Khan's look in the film Adipurush. Saif portrayed Ravana in the film. The Times of India|
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||Year, 2006|
|Parents||Father- Bharatkumar (a senior journalist and Rajya Sabha member)
Mother- Neena (a television producer)
Grandfather- J. S. Bandekar (1925–2017) (a documentary filmmaker and editor)
|Car Collection||Ferrari F8 Tributo (cost Rs. 4.02 crores)
Note: The car was gifted to him by Bhushan Kumar for his work on the Prabhas starrer film Adipurush. Koimoi
Some Lesser Known Facts About Om Raut
- Om Raut is an Indian filmmaker, writer, and producer. In 2020, he was the recipient of Best Popular Film for his film Tanhaji at the 68th National Film Awards. In 2015, he earned several awards and accolades for his film Lokmanya: Ek Yug Purush. In 2022, Om Raut came into the limelight when the teaser of his Hindu mythological film Adipurush, which was an adaption of Ramayana, attracted controversy. The film starred Indian actor Prabhas in the lead role of Lord Rama.
- Om Raut worked as a child artist in several South Indian theatre plays and ad films. In 1993, he appeared in the film Karamati Coat in a lead role. According to some media sources, he was introduced to the world of entertainment and cinema by his mother, Neena Raut.
- Soon after completing his formal education, Om Raut began working at MTV Network in New York City as a writer and director. Later, he returned to India and started working with DAR Motion Pictures as its Creative Head. Thereafter, Om Raut served as the vice president of creative business at Valuable Group, which are the promoters of UFO-Moviez.
- Om Raut then began producing Hindi films such as City of Gold in 2010 and Haunted – 3D in 2011.
- In 2012, Om Raut co-founded a production company named Neena Raut Entertainment along with his mother.
- In 2015, his directorial debut was the Marathi film Lokmanya: Ek Yug Purush. This film was produced under his mother’s production banner Neena Raut Entertainment in which his mother works as a co-founder. Om Raut was honoured with the Best Debut Director award for the film Lokmanya: Ek Yug Purush, which was based on the life of Indian social reformer and freedom fighter Bal Gangadhar Tilak.
- In 2020, Om Raut’s Hindi directorial debut film was Tanhaji, which earned him many national awards and accolades.
- In October 2022, it was announced that his film ‘Adipurush’ would release on 12 January 2023. The film starred Prabhas and Saif Ali Khan in the roles of Rama and Ravana, respectively.
- Reportedly, in 2021, Om Raut was pursuing his PhD degree in the business of cinema.
- Om Raut likes enjoying alcoholic beverages occasionally. Om’s Instagram Post
- In October 2022, his mythological drama ‘Adipurush’ attracted controversy and faced objections for hurting the religious sentiments of the Hindus by misrepresenting the Hindu deities in the film. Several pleas were filed against him in the Delhi High Court while demanding changes in the film. Some stated that the film picturised the Hindu gods in an “unwarranted” and “inaccurate” way in its teaser video. Om Raut rejected all the allegations against him in a media conference and stated that the makers of the film had not changed anything in the film, and it was just a translation from books to celluloid. Om said,
Our Ravan in today’s time is demonic, he is cruel. The one who has abducted our Goddess Sita is cruel. We have shown what Raavan looks like in today’s time. This is not a film or a project for us but a mission. Our film is a symbol of our devotion, and we need everyone’s blessings for this.”
I don’t want anyone to misunderstand that we have changed it. It is to translate from books to celluloid. So this is not a film for us. This is a representation of our bhakti, shraddha (devotion and faith) and what we stand for.”
|↑1||Om's Instagram Post|
|↑2||The Times of India|
|↑4||Om’s Instagram Post|