|Full Name||Anurag Singh Kashyap|
|Profession(s)||Film director, Screenwriter, Producer and Actor|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 178 cm
in meters- 1.78 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 11”
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 84 kg
in Pounds- 185 lbs
|Body Measurements (approx.)||- Chest: 42 inches
- Waist: 32 inches
- Biceps: 14 inches
|Debut||As a Director: Paanch (Unreleased)
As a Producer: Udaan (2010)
As an Actor: Black Friday (Cameo Role, 2010)
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||• Screen Award for Best Screenplay with Saurabh Shukla for 'Satya' (1999)
• Special Jury Award for 'Last Train to Mahakali' (2000)
• Grand Jury Prize for 'Black Friday' (2007)
• Best Story and Best Screenplay Award along with Vikramaditya Motwane (2011)
• Ordre des Arts et des Lettres (Knight of the Order of Arts and Letters) by the government of France (2013)
• Yash Bharti Award by the Government of Uttar Pradesh (2016)
|Date of Birth||10 September 1972|
|Age (as in 2018)||46 Years|
|Birthplace||Gorakhpur, Uttar Pradesh, India|
|Hometown||Gorakhpur, Uttar Pradesh|
|School||Green School, Dehradun, Scindia School, Gwalior, Madhya Pradesh|
|College/University||Hans Raj College (University of Delhi), New Delhi, India|
|Educational Qualification||Bachelor of Science|
|Controversies||• In 2000, his directorial debut film "Paanch" fell into controversy for the violent portrayal of youths.
• In 2007, his other film "Black Friday" became controversial for displaying the sensitive issue of 1993 Bombay Bomb Blasts.
• He is often criticized by the media for promoting sex, drugs, and abuses through his films.
• Kashyap has always been at the anvil of Censor Board and the latest in the series is his 2016 flick "Udta Punjab" in which he was criticized by the board for portraying Punjab in a bad sense.
|Relationships & More|
|Wife/Spouse||Aarti Bajaj, Film Editor (2003-2009)
Kalki Koechlin, Actress (2011-2015)
Daughter- Aaliya Kashyap
|Parents||Father- Prakash Singh (Was a Chief Engineer of the Uttar Pradesh Power Corporation Limited)
Mother- Name Not Known
|Siblings||Brother- Abhinav Kashyap (Film Director and Screenwriter)
Sister- Anubhuti Kashyap
|Favourite Food(s)||Cheese, Cereals, Fish, Chocolate, Nespresso|
|Favourite Actor(s)||Dilip Kumar, Amitabh Bachchan, Naseeruddin Shah|
|Favourite Actresses||Marilyn Monroe, Golshifteh Farahani, Scarlett Johansson|
|Favourite Film(s)||Bollywood- Pyasa, Bandit Queen, Sahib Biwi Aur Gulam
Hollywood- Bicycle Thieves
|Car Collection||Mahindra XUV500 SUV
|Salary (approx.)||Rs. 8 crores/film|
|Net Worth (approx.)||$110 million (As in 2018)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Anurag Kashyap
- Does Anurag Kashyap smoke?: Yes
- Does Anurag Kashyap drink alcohol?: Yes
- In his school days, Kashyap had great affections with the films but after schools, he changed his mind and wanted to become a scientist and thus took admission at Hans Raj College, the University of Delhi in a Zoology course and during his college days he again diverted towards films.
- After completing graduation in 1993, he joined a street theater group “Jana Natya Manch”.
- Kashyap attended International Film Festival of India and saw 55 films in just 10 days and the film which inspired him the most was Vittorio De Sica’s Bicycle Thieves.
- After being inspired by De Sica’s filmmaking, he left home with Rs. 5000 in the pocket and arrived Mumbai in 1993 to pursue his dream.
- During his initial days in Mumbai, he spent months on street and benches.
- His first job in Mumbai was at Prithvi Theatre, however, his first play was incomplete due to the director’s death.
- The turning point of his life was when Manoj Bajpayee introduced him to Ram Gopal Varma to write a film that eventually turned to be the movie Satya which later proved to be a huge success at the Box-office.
- His directorial debut film “Paanch” hasn’t been released yet.
- He founded his own film production company in 2009, “Anurag Kashyap Films Pvt. Ltd. (AKFPL).”
- Kashyap is known for his unique film-making style in which he pursues extensive research on each character and extensively uses light and colour effects.
- His film, Gangs of Wasseypur was well received by the Indian audience. The film was screened at 2012 Cannes Directors’ Fortnight, London Indian Film Festival, and Toronto Film Festival.
- He has also acted in a few films like Shagird, Black Friday, Happy New Year, No Smoking, Bhoothnath Returns, Akira, etc.
- He is known for guerrilla filmmaking technique in which the camera is hidden and actors are given chance to improvise.
- British director, Danny Boyle was inspired by Kashyap’s works and copied the film-making style of Kashyap in some of the scenes of his Oscar-awarded movie “Slumdog Millionaire”.
- A Canadian critic, Cameron Bailey has called him “one of the most knowledgeable filmmakers.”
- He is a member of the board of the NGO, Aangan, which helps protect vulnerable children around India.
📢⚡TRENDING: List of ICC World Cup Winners (1975-2015)