Age: 46 Years
Wife: Divya Khosla Kumar
Marriage Date: 13 February 2005
|Full Name||Bhushan Kumar Dua|
|Profession(s)||Music Producer, Film Producer, Chairman and Managing Director of T-Series|
|Famous For||Being the Chairman and Managing Director of Super Cassettes Industries Limited (T-Series)|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 175 cm
in meters- 1.75 m
in feet inches- 5’ 9”
|Date of Birth||27 November 1977 (Sunday)|
|Age (as of 2023)||46 Years|
|Debut||Filmmaking: Tum Bin (2001)
|Controversies||• In 2018, in the middle of the #MeToo movement in Bollywood, an anonymous actress took to Twitter to claim that she was dropped from the film because she "refused to sleep with the 'boss'.” According to the actress, Bhushan offered her a 3-movie deal and called her to meet him at a bungalow in Versova. The actress claimd that the producer was “looking for a relationship that involves work and pleasure.” Later, Bhushan Kumar released a statement in which he denied the sexual harassment allegations against him. He said, "I am appalled and anguished to know that my name has been dragged in this #MeToo by some anonymous person(s). The allegations against me are bad on the face of it. I have enjoyed an impeccable reputation and have always maintained professionalism. The tweet has been used as a tool to defame me and malign my reputation." The Times of India
• Following the suicide of Sushant Singh Rajput, Sonu Nigam posted a video on Instagram on 18 June 2020, accusing two music companies in India of diminishing his image and having full control over the entire music industry in India. On 22 June 2020, he posted another video in which he explicitly accused Bhushan Kumar of damaging his image and not promoting new talents in the industry. Later, Bhushan Kumar's wife, Divya Khosla Kumar also posted a video and responded to Sonu Nigam's allegations. The Quint
• In July 2021, a case of rape was registered against him at DN Nagar Police Station after a 30-year-old woman accused him of allegedly raping her on the pretext of offering her work in the film industry. The Times of India
• On 30 August 2023, Bhushan Kumar found himself at the center of controversy as an FIR was filed against him in relation to a scene from the film 'Yaariyan 2,' which he had produced. The controversy arose from a scene in the film where actor Meezaan Jafri could be seen wearing a kirpan, which was seen as offensive to Sikh sentiments as according to the Sikh Code of Conduct, only a baptised Sikh could wear the 'kirpan'. The FIR was registered in Jalandhar, Punjab, under Section 295-A of the Indian Penal Code (deliberate and malicious acts, intended to outrage religious feelings of any class by insulting its religion or religious beliefs). The actor Meezaan Jafri, directors, and other producers of the film were also named in the complaint. On 1 September 2023, another case was lodged against Bhushan Kumar, along with others, following a complaint by members of the Shiromani Gurdwara Parbandhak Committee (SGPC), under the same charges. Later, in an interview, the filmmakers claimed that Meezaan was actually wearing a khukri, not a kirpan, but the SGPC members expressed their dissatisfaction, insisting that Sikhs could differentiate between the two. As a result, the filmmakers edited the scenes to blur the kirpan, although the gatra, a cloth belt used to carry the kirpan, remained visible. Hindustan Times
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||• Best Music Album Award for "ROY" (2015) at 61st Filmfare Awards 2016
• Best Film Award for "Hindi Medium" (2017) at Filmfare Awards 2018
|Girls, Affairs, and More|
|Marriage Date||13 February 2005|
|Wife/Spouse||Divya Khosla Kumar (Actress, Director, Producer)
|Children||Son- Ruhaan Kumar
|Parents||Father- Gulshan Kumar (Businessman, Film Producer)
Mother- Sudesh Kumari Dua
Sister(s)- Tulsi Kumar (Playback Singer)
Khushali Kumar (Model, Fashion Designer)
|Car(s) Collection||Ferrari 458, Mercedes S Class, Mercedes Maybach S600
Some Lesser Known Facts About Bhushan Kumar
- He was born in Delhi (India) to a wealthy and prestigious musicians family.
- In 1997, at the age of 19, he took charge of his music firm T-Series after his father’s death. Soon, he became the Chairman and MD of T-Series (India’s top music company).
- Being the MD of T-Series, he expanded the business of the company into CDs, cassettes, video/audio tapes, electronics, and film production. He diversified his business rapidly from getting soundtracks in newer media forms such as mobile, digital, Satellite Radio, and FM Radio to filmmaking.
- Within 15 years of his journey in the Indian Film Industry, he expanded his music and film production business in more than 24 countries all across the world;.
- For his contribution to the music industry and making Indian music popular overseas, the government of India has honoured him in the Electronics and Software Export Promotion Council.
- He acquired the soundtracks of several hit movies like Don (2006), Jab We Met (2007), Om Shanti Om (2007), Fashion (2008), Dabangg (2010), Son of Sardaar (2012), Dabangg 2 (2012), Lootera (2012), Chennai Express (2013), Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani (2013), and more.
- He has encouraged new talents like Himesh Reshammiya and Mithoon in the Indian Music Industry. He also helped Atif Aslam in the making of his music video “Zindagi Aa Raha Hun Main;” music was instructed by Amaal Malik and video featured Tiger Shroff.
- Except for music, he has also produced many Bollywood hits including “Tum Bin” (2001), “Lucky: No Time for Love” (2005), “Bhool Bhulaiya” (2007), “Ready” (2011), “Aashiqui 2” (2013), “Bhoothnath Returns” (2014), “Creature 3D” (2014), “All Is Well” (2015), and more.
- On 3 April 2017, Bhushan Kumar signed up a contract for the film “Mogul” with Akshay Kumar in Lord Shiva temple (300-year-old temple) in Maheshwar (Madhya Pradesh). Mogul is a biopic based on Gulshan Kumar’s life.
- After Sushant Singh Rajput‘s demise, Sonu Nigam started a campaign on social media against Bhushan Kumar and accused him of sabotaging his image and not giving chance to new talents in the industry. Sonu Nigam made these allegations by posting videos on Instagram.
Bhushan Kumar’s wife, Divya Khosla Kumar also took to Instagram to post a video in response to Sonu Nigam’s allegations.