|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 173 cm
in meters- 1.73 m
in feet inches- 5’ 8”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 70 kg
in pounds- 154 lbs
|Body Measurements (approx.)||- Chest: 40 inches
- Waist: 32 inches
- Biceps: 14 inches
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|International Debut||Year, 2006|
|Domestic/State Team||Andhra Pradesh|
• Gold Medal at the National Games
• Gold Medal at All-India PSPB Inter-unit Badminton Championship
• Gold Medal at Canara Bank All-India Senior Badminton Championship
• Silver Medal at the New Delhi Commonwealth Games in Mixed Team
• Bronze Medal at the New Delhi Commonwealth Games in Men's Singles
• India Open Grand Prix Gold title in Men's Singles
• Arjuna Award by the Government of India
Gold Medal at Glasgow Commonwealth Games in Men's Singles
India Open Grand Prix Gold title in Men's Singles
Bronze Medal at the Hyderabad Badminton Asia Team Championships in Men's team
|Date of Birth||8 September 1986|
|Age (as in 2018)||32 Years|
|Birthplace||Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Virgo|
|Hometown||Hyderabad, Telangana, India|
|Educational Qualification||Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com.)|
|Girls, Affairs, and More|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Saina Nehwal (Badminton Player)
|Marriage Date||14 December 2018|
|Parents||Father- Uday Shankar
|Siblings||Brother- Not Known
Sister- 1 (Name Not Known, Died)
|Favourite Cricketer||Sachin Tendulkar|
|Favourite DJ(s)||Calvin Harris, Kygo|
|Favourite Musician(s)/Band(s)||Linkin Park, Rihanna, Metallica, Eminem, Nirvana, Sukhwinder Singh, Sonu Nigam, S. P. Balasubrahmanyam|
|Favourite Song||'Aap Jaisa Koi Meri Zindagi' of film 'Qurbani' (1980)|
- Does Parupalli Kashyap smoke?: No
- Does Parupalli Kashyap drink alcohol?: Not Known
- Parupalli Kashyap started playing badminton at a very young age.
- At the age of 11, he was enrolled in a training camp that was conducted by an Indian badminton coach “Syed Mohammed Arif” in Hyderabad, India.
- Due to his father’s regular transfers, he lived in different cities, one of them is Bengaluru where he joined the ‘Prakash Padukone Badminton Academy’ to get trained in badminton.
- In 2004, his family returned from Bengaluru to Hyderabad where he came to know that he was diagnosed with Asthma. Later, he came out of this problem by using proper medication and joined the ‘Gopichand Badminton Academy’ in Hyderabad where he got trained under a former Indian badminton player “Pullela Gopichand.”
- Parupalli then made his debut in 2005 by representing ‘Andhra Pradesh’ at the ‘National Junior Open Badminton Championships,’ and he won the title of boys’ singles.
- In 2006, he got selected to play international tournaments.
- In the same year, his world ranking improved from 100 to 64 after he defeated world number 19 “Przemyslaw Wacha” twice, i.e., at the Hong Kong Open tournament and at the Bitburger Open tournament.
- Then, Parupalli got selected for the ‘2006 Asian Games’ to represent India and thereafter, went on to win several tournaments.
- In 2011, his sister committed suicide who lived alone in Bangalore.
- In 2012, he became the first Indian to reach the Olympics quarterfinal in men’s singles, after which, he achieved the 19th rank.
- In the same year, Parupalli won the ‘Indian Open Grand Prix Gold’ tournament in men’s singles after which his rank improved to 14.
- In 2014, he won the gold medal for India in men’s singles after 32 years, due to which, his name was written amongst the two Indian Badminton legends who were also former Gold medalists in the same event, i.e., Prakash Padukone in 1978 and Syed Modi in 1982.
- In 2015, he appeared on the cover of ‘The Man’ magazine.
- In the same year, Parupalli Kashyap suffered from a severe calf injury, due to which, he couldn’t play the semifinals of the Indonesia Superseries.
- In 2016, he was picked up by the ‘Hyderabad Hunters’ for the ‘Premier Badminton League’ (PBL).
- He achieved his highest ranking i.e., the 6th rank, in 2013.
- To view the videographic representation of Parupalli Kashyap’s life, Click Here
📢⚡TRENDING: Goa CM, Manohar Parrikar passes away, Read his Biography