Neymar Height, Weight, Age, Girlfriend, Wife, Family, Biography & More
|Full Name||Neymar da Silva Santos Júnior|
|Other Name||Neymar Jr.|
|Nickname(s)||Juninho, Joia, Ney, Neymaravilha|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 175 cm
in meters- 1.75 m
in feet inches- 5’ 9”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 70 kg
in pounds- 154 lbs
|Body Measurements (approx.)||- Chest: 40 inches
- Waist: 32 inches
- Biceps: 12 inches
|Debut||International- 24 October 2009 for Brazil against Japan
Club- 7 March 2009 for Santos against Oeste
|Jersey Number||#10 (Brazil)
|Club Team(s)||Paris Saint-Germain FC (Current Club), FC Barcelona, Santos FC, Portuguesa Santista (Youth Club)|
|Coaches||Betinho, Antonio Lima|
|Position||Striker - Left Wing|
|Foot||Both (Right, Left)|
|Records (main ones)||• He scored the fastest goal in Olympic history (Rio 2016) for Brazil against Honduras, just 14 seconds after the kick-off.
• The third highest goal scorer of all time for Brazil, ahead of him is Pele and Ronaldo.
|Awards, Achievements||2011- Bola de Ouro, World Soccer Young Player of the Year, South American Footballer of the Year
2012- South American Footballer of the Year, FIFA Puskás Award
2015- Champions League Top Goalscorer, Nickelodeon Brazil Kids' Choice Award for Favorite Athlete
2017- Nickelodeon Brazil Kids' Choice Award for Favorite Athlete, FIFA FIFPro World XI
2018- Ligue 1 Player of the Year
|Career Turning Point||2010 Copa do Brasil tournament, where he scored 11 goals.|
|Date of Birth||5 February 1992|
|Age (as in 2018)||26 Years|
|Birthplace||Mogi das Cruzes, Brazil|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Aquarius|
|Hometown||São Vicente, São Paulo, Brazil
|Educational Qualifications||Not Known|
|Ethnicity/Race||Brazilian (African, Portuguese)|
|Address||A 6-BHK mansion spread over two-and-a-half-acre in Portobello near Rio de Janeiro
|Hobbies||Wakeboarding, Dancing, Playing (Poker, Video Games, Piano)|
|Tattoo(s)||As of 2018, Neymar has 25 tattoos
|Controversies||• In 2010, he used to play for Brazilian club 'Santos,' and during a game against Goianiense, his team managed to win a penalty kick. Neymar though he would be going to take the penalty kick, but his coach Dorival Junior wanted someone else to take it, which made Neymar angry and he insulted him both on the field, and later in the dressing room. After the match, Neymar was banned for a match and his coach was fired.
• In 2010, his fight with an opposite team player, Joao Marcos, turned into a mass brawl in a league for Santos against Ceara, after the police interrupted.
• In 2012, it stirred a lot of controversy when the Brazilian sports magazine 'The Placar' published the photo of Neymar being crucified in the same way as Jesus Christ, on the cover of their magazine as a metaphor to criticize him for supposedly diving too often.
• In 2015, a Brazilian court freezed his assets worth $50 for his unpaid taxes from 2011 to 2013, plus penalties and interest.
• In 2017, he had a heated argument with team-mate Nelson Semedo during a training session in Miami, ahead of Barcelona's clash with Real Madrid.
• In January 2018, he landed in controversy while he was playing a Ligue 1 match for Paris Saint-Germain against Stade Rennes FC. He teased the opposition player, Hamari Traore, as he withdrew his hand after reaching out for his hand. However, later he defended his act and called it just a "joke."
|Girls, Affairs & More|
Barbara Evans (Model, Actress)
Nicole Bahls (Model)
Daniela Carvalho (Actress)
Andressa Suita (Actress)
Carol Abranches (Model)
Mayra Cardi (TV Personality)
Patrícia Jordane (Model)
Bruna Marquezine (Actress)
Gabriella Lenzi (Model)
Soraja Vucelic (Model)
Thaila Ayala (Actress)
|Children||Son- Davi Lucca da Silva Santos (born in 2011)
|Parents||Father- Neymar Santos, Sr. (Former footaller)
Mother- Nadine da Silva
Sister- Rafaella Beckran
|Favourite Footballer(s)||Robinho, David Beckham, Cristiano Ronaldo, Wayne Rooney, Andres Iniesta, Xavi|
|Favourite Goalkeeper(s)||Marcos, Dida, Júlio César, Cláudio Taffarel, Victor Valdés|
|Favourite Food(s)||Italian and Japanese Cuisines|
|Favourite TV Show(s)||Game of Thrones, Prison Break|
|Cars Collection||Maserati MC12, Ferrari 458 Italia, Audi R8 Spyder, Volkswagen Touareg, Porsche Panamera Turbo, Mercedes AMG GT Roadster, Ferrari California T
|Jet Collection||Cessna 680
|Assets/Properties||A yacht, a jet and several properties in Brazil|
|Salary (approx.)||£2.7 million/month, £650,000/week (as in 2018)|
|Net Worth (approx.)||£200 million (as in 2018)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Neymar
- Does Neymar smoke ?: No
- Does Neymar drink alcohol?: Yes
- Neymar wasn’t destined for fame right from birth as he was born into a modest family and had a rough time growing up.
- He was just 4 months old, when he escaped a fatal car accident while he was travelling with his family.
- He attended one of the worst schools in his locality and used to study under candlelight as his family wasn’t able to pay electricity bills most of the times, and eventually had to move to their grandparents’ house to save some money, but had to live in a small room.
- He inherited football from his father who used to be a professional football player, which turned out to be a blessing in disguise as he encouraged Neymar to play football when he was around 3 years old, after which he started playing street football and futsal.
- As a kid, Neymar used to a fun loving and hyperactive boy, who was most of the time seen playing football and video games.
- His raw talent was first discovered by his first coach, Betinho, when he was around 6 years old and was playing a beach soccer game in São Vicente.
- At the age of 7, he joined the ‘Portuguesa Santista’ youth club, and developed tremendous football skills. And, in just a matter of few years, he was counted amongst one of the most promising young talents in Brazil.
- His father used to be so much busy while doing his multiple jobs to support his son’s football career, that he wasn’t able to see him play in his early football career.
- A the age of 11, he joined the youth system of ‘Santos FC’ and three years later, he earned a chance of continuing his development with Real Madrid CF, but the Santos knew his value and convinced him to stay with the club by giving him a huge bonus.
- In 2009, he made his senior debut for ‘Santos FC’ and made an impact straightaway by earning the award of the league’s ‘Best Young Player.’
- Around 14,000 fans requested and signed a petition and demanded the then Brazil team manager, Dunga, to include Neymar for the 2010 FIFA World Cup in South Africa, but he wasn’t picked.
- He became a father at the age of just 19, when his former girlfriend, Carolina Dantas, gave birth to their son, David Lucca.
- He celebrated his 20th birthday in style as he scored his 100th career goal on that day.
- After his five-year-long stay at ‘Santos FC,’ he signed with ‘FC Barcelona’ on 27 May 2013 and joined them after the 2013 FIFA Confederations Cup. The Brazilians didn’t like at all as it was a ‘cheap move’ for just €57.1 million.
- He suffered from ‘anaemia,’ deficiency of red cells or of haemoglobin in the blood, while playing for ‘FC Barcelona’ in his debut year for them.
- In the 2014 FIFA World Cup, he very well carried the burned of expectations on his home turf of Brazil, as he scored 4 goals overall. But, the unexpected happened, on 4 July 2014, just minutes before Brazil won its quarterfinal match against Colombia, Neymar suffered a broken vertebra after a knee in the back from Colombia’s defender Juan Zuniga. The Brazil team couldn’t recover from the shocking loss of their star player and lost their semifinal match to Germany, 7-1.
- He has made cameo appearance in music videos like- “Eu Quero Tchu, Eu Quero Tcha” by João Lucas & Marcelo (2012), and “Pais do Futebol” by MC Guime (2013).
- He has a comic series named after him called “Neymar Jr.,” which has been made by the famous Brazilian cartoonist, Mauricio de Sousa.
- He had scored twice the amount of goals than what Ronaldo had at the same age of 23.
- He has always been religious as he used to wear a headband bearing the words “100% Jesus,” and gives 10% of his income to the Church to serve Christ.
- He is always thankful for what football has given him and made a successful attempt in 2017 to give something in return by starting a five-a-side football tournament called ‘Neymar Jr’s Five,’ where more than 60 countries take part.
- During the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia, he was trolled for his over-acting on the football field.
Neymar keeps rolling rolling rolling rolling
(?: @rayrod747 )pic.twitter.com/AxekdKq34y
— Troll Football Media (@Troll__Footbal) June 30, 2018