Some Lesser Known Facts About Pierce Brosnan
- Does Pierce Brosnan smoke?: Yes
- Does Pierce Brosnan drink alcohol?: Yes
- When Pierce was an infant, his father abandoned the family.
- His mother went to London, to work as a nurse when Pierce was 4 years old. He was raised by his maternal grandparents Philip and Kathleen Smith.
- After his maternal grandparent’s death, he lived with his uncle and aunt who sent him to a boarding school.
- At a very young age, he trained in fire-eating and performed the stunt in a circus.
- When he was 11 years old, he left his hometown and moved to England to live with his mother and her new husband, William Carmichael.
- Once his step-father, William Carmichael took him to the cinema for the first time to watch James Bond movie, Goldfinger.
- Brosnan started his career at the York Theatre Royal as an acting assistant stage manager and Wait Until Dark was his theatre debut.
- In 1987, Brosnan was first offered the role of James Bond when the popular TV series Remington Steele was cancelled by NBC. However, the series was re-started and he lost the opportunity to Timothy Dalton.
- He rose to fame overnight with the play “The Red Devil Battery Sign” playing the role of McCabe. The whole of London was talking about him.
- Once his step-father sent a telegram to him, on which “Thank God for you, my dear boy” was written. Brosnan has preserved that telegram.
- While filming of The Deceivers in Rajasthan, India. His wife Cassandra Harris became seriously ill. Later, she was diagnosed with ovarian cancer and on 28 December 1991 at age 43, she died.
- In 1996, he co-founded a production company “Irish Dreamtime,” with producer and friend Beau St. Clair.
- Brosnan had to suffer 8 stitches while filming a stunt of “Tomorrow never dies.” In that scene, Brosnan was hit by stuntman’s helmet by mistake.
- In 2001, he was voted the Sexiest Man Alive by People Magazine.
- Since 2001, Brosnan is an ambassador for UNICEF Ireland.
- He is an active supporter and spokesperson of noble causes like same-sex marriage, gun control, and environmental protection.
- In May 2007, Brosnan and his wife Keely Smith donated $100,000 to replace unsafe playground equipment at a school near their home in Kauai, Hawaii.
- In February 2015, Brosnan’s $18 million Malibu mansion suddenly caught fire, sustaining $1 million in damages.
📢⚡TRENDING: URI is surging to become a Blockbuster, check the salary of Uri actors here⚡