• TV Host
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 171 cm
in meters- 1.71 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 6”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 60 kg
in pounds- 132 lbs
|Hair Colour||Dark Brown|
|Debut||Film: Vishkanya (1991); as 'Nisha Singh'
TV: Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa (2006)
|Date of Birth||11 May 1970 (Monday)|
|Age (as of 2022)||52 Years|
|Birthplace||Bombay (now Mumbai)|
|School||• Besant Montessori School, Mumbai
• The Lawrence School, Sanawar
|Religion||Islam; she converted to Islam before marrying Farhan Furniturewala The Live Mirror|
|Controversies||• Kamasutra Condom ad banned from Doordarshan: In 1991, her condom ad for Kamasutra Condoms was criticized for nudity and was banned from Doordarshan. However, this ad was shown on cable afterwards. ThePrint
• Calling her step mother a wicked witch: In 2016, her father got married to his girlfriend Parveen Dusanj. Pooja disapproved of it and tweeted calling her step-mother a 'wicked witch'. She deleted this tweet later. The Free Press Journal
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||• Her first boyfriend was Aditya Pancholi with whom she broke up after he made sexual relationship with her 15-year-old maid.
• Her second boyfriend was Farhan Furniturewala whom she dated for three years before getting married to him.
• Her third boyfriend was Hanif Hilal whom she met in 2006 while shooting for Nach Baliye 3. However, they broke up after an year.
• Her fourth boyfriend was Dwiti Vikramaditya with whom she stayed in a relationship for 18 months and later broke up because his family did not approve of Pooja.
• Her fifth boyfriend was Akashdeep Saigal who became her boyfriend when she participated in Big Boss 5. They ended thier relationship in 2013 but are still good friends.
• Her sixth boyfriend is Maneck Contractor with whom she got engaged in 2019. India Today
|Marriage Date||6 May 1994|
|Husband/Spouse||Farhan Furniturewala (1994 - 2003)
|Children||Son- Omar Furniturewala
Daughter- Alaya F
|Parents||Father- Kabir Bedi (Actor and Model)
Mother- Late Protima Gauri Bedi (Actor and model)
|Siblings||Brother- Siddharth Bedi (committed suicide at the age of 25)
|Food||Steamed ginger fish and mutton ghee roast grilled garlic prawns|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Pooja Bedi
- Pooja Bedi is a Bollywood actress, TV host, and columnist who became popular for her bold career choices and personal life. She rose to fame in Bollywood for her supporting role in the film Jo Jeeta Wohi Sikander in 1992.
- Pooja Bedi was the first child of her parents, who had a divorce in the 1970s. After this, Pooja Bedi was sent to The Lawrence School, which was a boarding school in Sanawar.
- In 1990, she fell into a relationship with Aditya Pancholi. Aditya was already married at that time and that is why the two never spoke about their relationship in public. They used to spend most of their time together at Pooja’s house. During that time, Pooja’s 15-year-old maid revealed that Aditya made a sexual relationship with her and promised her that he will get help her become an actress in Bollywood. Actress Pooja Bedi broke up with him, and after this revelation, their affair was no longer a secret. Pooja and Aditya met in 2013 at a party and shared cordial moments after years of bitterness. After this, Pancholi spoke to the media and said,
So much time has passed since she made the accusation. I never said anything, never held any grudge against her. Last week, we came face-to-face at a party. She hugged me, and that was that. All the bitterness was forgotten…. We’ve both grown older and hopefully wiser. She has children, so do I. There is a lot in common. At this stage of our lives we can’t afford to lose old friends.’
- In 1991, Pooja made her Bollywood debut with the film Vishkanya, she played the lead role in this film. However, she is best known for her second film Jo Jeeta Wohi Sikander in which she played a supporting role for the lead actor Aamir Khan. For this film, she was nominated for Filmfare Awards for the best supporting role. Her third film was Lootere (1993) in which she again played a supporting role.
- In 1990, Pooja fell in love with Farhan Furniturewala, and they started dating each other. The duo dated for three years and got married on 6 May 1994. Pooja converted to Islam after marrying him and took up the name Noorjahan. However, she didn’t change her name either on-screen or off-screen.
- In 1993, she worked in two Bollywood films as a supporting actress, and these two films were Chittemma Mogudu and Phir Teri Kahani Yaad Aayee. In 1995, she was cast for a guest appearance in the film Aatank Hi Aatank.
- Pooja Bedi had her first child, Alaya Ebrahim Furniturewala, with Farhan on 28 November 1997.
- In 2000, Pooja had her second child, Omar Furniturewala, with Farhan. Their relationship went upside down after the birth of their second child. She finally got divorced from Farhan on 14 February 2003, on Valentine’s Day. In 2007, she spoke about her children and ex-husband, she said,
My kids Aalia and Umer are the centre of my existence and they know it. I share a wonderful relationship with their father (Farhan Furniturewala). There’s no animosity. This makes my children emotionally stable. The four of us go out for lunches and even holidays together.’
- In 2006, she made her debut on television with a dance reality show, Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa, in which she appeared as a contestant.
- In 2007, Pooja participated in Nach Baliye 3 as a contestant, and her choreographer was Hanif Hilal. They both danced together on the show, and eventually, they fell in love. Their relationship didn’t last long, and they separated in 2008.
- In 2008, she appeared in Big Boss season 2 as the host. That year, she also participated in Fear Factor: Khatro Ke Khiladi as a contestant.
- In 2009, she started dating Dwiti Vikramaditya from Bhubaneswar, Orissa, who worked for the United Nations Development Programme. He was very close to Pooja, and in 2010, he went to celebrate her 40th birthday with her kids in Goa. They both were planning to get engaged, but Dwiti’s family refused to accept Pooja as their daughter-in-law. Due to this Dwiti ended his relationship with Pooja.
- In 2011, she participated in two reality shows. The first one was Maa Exchange in which she participated with her daughter Aliya F, and the second show was Big Boss season 5, in which she participated as a contestant. On the show, she met Akashdeep Saigal (Sky), and they started liking each other.
She was evicted from the show after 8 weeks, but her bonding with Sky kept growing, and they began dating each other. In 2012, Sky got a tattoo of Pooja’s name on his bicep, which showed the seriousness of their relationship. relationship, but their relationship could not last long, and they broke up in 2013. They remained good friends after their breakup, and Sky showed up at Pooja’s 47th birthday, flaunting his bicep tattoo.
- In 2012, Pooja decided to send a legal notice to Colors for removing her from the finals of Big Boss 5 but didn’t do it for some reason. She also tweeted about the show host Salman Khan that he demoralized and ill-treated Akashdeep Saigal on the show. Hindustan Times
- In 2016, she showed her disagreement with her father’s marriage to his girlfriend Parveen Dusanj. Pooja showed her anger by tweeting about her step-mother and tweeted,
Every fairy tale has a wicked witch or an evil step-mother! Mine just arrived! @iKabirBedi just married @parveendusanj.’
- In January 2018, Pooja started dating Maneck Contractor, and the duo got engaged on 14 February 2019.