|Real Name||Poonamben Maadam|
|Famous For||Being the MP from Jamnagar district|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 163 cm
in meters- 1.63 m
in feet inches- 5’ 4”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 70 kg
in pounds- 155 lbs
|Figure Measurements (approx.)||36-34-36|
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Political Party||Bharatiya Janata Party
|Political Journey||2012: Became a member of Gujarat Legislative Assembly
May 2014: Elected to 16th Lok Sabha
September 2014: Became a member of the Committee on Empowerment of Women
September 2014: Became a member of Standing Committee on Industry
September 2014: Became a member of Consultative Committee, Ministry of Civil Aviation
|Date of Birth||23 September 1974|
|Age (as in 2018)||44 Years|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Virgo|
|Caste||Ahir (OBC) Indian Express|
|Address||Neo Square, No.1 to 5, Ground Floor, Near Ambar Cinema, P.N. Marg, Jamnagar|
|Controversy||She fell into a controversy in April 2015 when she was seen dancing during a 'Bhagwat Katha' programme in Gujarat where a massive number of currency notes were showered by the crowd.|
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||October 4, 1992|
Daughter- 1 (Name Not Known)
|Parents||Father- Hematbhai Maadam (Former Defence Officer/Politician)
Mother- Dinaben Maadam
|Car(s) Collection||Toyota Fortuner, Santro|
|Assets/Properties||Bank Deposits: ₹2 Crore
Bonds, Debentures, Shares: ₹1 Crore
Jewellery: ₹2 Crore
Total Value: ₹6 Crore
|Salary (as an MP)||₹1 Lakh + Other Allowances (as in 2018) Times of India|
|Net Worth (approx.)||₹16 Crore|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Poonamben Maadam
- She was born into a family having a political background.
- Her grandfather was an active community worker in the field of education. Her father was a four-time independent MLA from Khambhalia.
- She used to live in Delhi till 2009 but later shifted to Khambhalia.
- The former Congress MP from Jamnagar, Vikram Maadam, is her distant uncle. He was unhappy with the rise of Poonamben and was lobbied for Hebha Bhai Karmur’s candidature for the Gujarat Legislative Assembly.
- She contested the 2014 Lok Sabha elections and won with total 4,84,412 votes.
- On 16 March 2016, she fell into a 10-foot deep drain during a demolition drive.
📢⚡TRENDING: URI is surging to become a Blockbuster, check the salary of Uri actors here⚡
References/Sources: [ + ]