Net Worth: Rs. 77 Crore
Age: 60 Years
|Political Party||Bharatiya Janata Party
|Political Journey||1998: Helped his father in election campaigns.
2014: In February, assisted the Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi to make national economic policy and organizing an international business leaders' forum. In the same year, he won the Lok Sabha elections in Jharkhand and became the member of four parliamentary committees- Consultative Committee for Communications and Information Technology Ministry, Standing Committee on Finance, Public Accounts Committee and Subordinate Committee on Legislation.
2014: On 9 November, Sworn-in as the Minister of State in the Union Council of Ministers.
2015 to 2017: Assisted Government of India to prepare the Union Budgets.
2016: On 6 July, Joined the Ministry of Civil Aviation and in October, signed a Memorandum Of Understanding (MOU) between the Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship and the Ministry of Civil Aviation.
2017: On 27 April, supported the Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi to launch the 'UDAN' scheme.
2019: Elected to the Lok Sabha from Hazaribagh in Jharkhand
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 177 cm
in meters- 1.77 m
in feet inches- 5’10”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms 70 kg
in pounds- 154 lbs
|Hair Colour||Salt & Pepper|
|Date of Birth||21 April 1963|
|Age (as of 2023)||60 Years|
|Birthplace||Giridih, Jharkhand, India|
|School||St. Michael's High School (Patna) and St. Columba's (Delhi)|
|College/University||• IIT Delhi
• Harvard Business School in Boston
• University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia (USA)
|Educational Qualification(s)||• Graduation (1985)
• Master of Science in Energy Management and Policy (1986)
• M.A (1992)
• Master of Business Administration (1992)
|Family||Father- Yashwant Sinha (Civil Servant & Politician)
Mother- Nilima Sinha (President of the Association of Writers and Illustrators for Children)
Brother- Sumant Sinha (Businessman)
Sister- Sharmila (Writer)
|Address||76-A, Hupad vill, Harhad, P.O. Mufassil, Distt. Hazaribagh-825301, Jharkhand|
|Hobbies||Travelling, Playing Tennis, Walking, Collecting Artistic objects & Antique Furniture, Writing Romantic Poems|
|Controversy||In 2017, the International Consortium of Investigative Journalism found his name in the series of politicians named in 'Paradise Papers.'|
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Wife/Spouse||Punita (Investor and Fund Manager)
|Marriage Date||16 September 1986|
|Children||Sons- Rishabh (working in a private equity firm in the US) and Aashir (studying in VIII)
Daughter- Not Known
|Salary (as a Member of Parliament)||Rs. 1 Lakh + Other Allowances|
|Net Worth (Approx.) ||Rs. 77 Crore (as in 2019)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Jayant Sinha
- Does Jayant Sinha smoke?: Not Known
- Does Jayant Sinha drink alcohol?: Not Known
- His father, Yashwant Sinha is an Indian politician of Bharatiya Janata Party, and the former Finance Minister and Minister of External Affairs of India.
- His wife Punita is the founder and managing partner of the firm- ‘Pacific Paradigm Advisors.’
- In 1980, he passed the JEE exams in his first attempt and was admitted to the Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi.
- During his student life, he participated in debates, quizzes, theatre, played Tennis and won many awards in different inter-college events. He also received the honours like Aravali Hostel Roll of Honour, Vivek Sharma Memorial Prize, and many others.
- From 1983 to 1985, he worked as a Radio Announcer on Yuv Vani.
- In 1985, after completing his graduation from IIT, he, along with his wife Punita, left for the US and without the support of their parents; lived a financially independent life there.
- In 1999, he joined McKinsey & Company in Boston and involved in the Global Software & IT Services Practice.
- Later, he joined a global special situations hedge fund named ‘Courage Capital.’
- He also worked in Omidyar Network (founded by Pam and Pierre Omidyar).
- He served many organizations such as d.light, Daily Hunt, iMerit, and Janaagraha.
- International Advisory Board of the International Finance Corporation in Washington DC also invited him to work with it.
- His articles like ‘Strategies That Fit Emerging Markets’ (published in the Harvard Business Review) and ‘It is Time For India to Rein in Its Robber Barons’ (published in the Financial Times) are counted as highly scholarly works and are also used as references in business schools.
- During the 1990s, he took part in Indian politics and helped the government in policy making in finance and taxation field. He also served the Advisory Committees of Finance and Telecom Ministries.
- In 1998, at the time of BJP’s election campaigns, he involved in different projects such as getting village roads repair, improving the drinking water quality, and allotment of solar lanterns in Ramgarh districts and Hazaribagh.
- While working with the Indian Finance Minister Arun Jaitley, he contributed Indian Government in various fields such as framing PM Mudra Yojana, creating Indradhanush package for public sector banks, launching of Indian Aspiration Fund to empower the Indian capital markets, and building Social Security Platform.
- He administered the legislation that includes the Negotiable Instruments Act, Insurance Bill, Regional Rural Banks Bill, and Bankruptcy Bill.
- He provided various financing solutions to the Government of India; like Long Term Irrigation Fund, Higher Education Financing Agency, and the National Infrastructure and Investment Fund.
- In 2016, with the National Civil Aviation Policy, he improved the airport infrastructure plan and launched the ‘AirSewa’ scheme through the mobile app or web portal.
- On 21 September 2017, he sanctioned the first flight services between Ballari, and Hyderabad under the regional connectivity scheme (UDAN) devised by the union government.
- On 23 February 2017, he, along with the Chief Minister of Jharkhand Raghubar Das, placed the foundation stone for the 3 medical colleges in Hazaribagh, Palamau, and Dumka.