Prachanda Age, Biography, Wife, Facts & More
|Real Name||Pushpa Kamal Dahal
|Party||Communist Party of Nepal (Maoist-Centre)
|Political Journey ||1972: Started his political career with Pushpal.
1975: Formed a Marxist
1978: Joined CPN (Fourth Convention)
1980: Elected as Chitwan District Committee member.
1982: Became the member of Regional Bureau and general secretary of All Nepal Youth Association.
1984: Became the president of All Nepal Youth Association.
1985: Became the central member of CPN (Masal)'s 5th General Convention. Shortly afterwards, he became the party's politburo member.
1986: Separated from Mohan Baidya 'Kiran' after the party split.
1990: Became the general secretary of the party.
1992: Became the general secretary of CPN (Unity Center) in 1992 and general secretary of CPN (Maoist) in 1995.
1996: Led the armed revolution and became the supreme commander of the People's Liberation Army.
2006: Ended his 25 year underground life, and became public at Baluwatar
2008: Became the Prime Minister of Nepal on 18 August till 25 May 2009. Same year,
he won from Kathmandu-10 and Rolpa-2.
2016: He became the 39th Prime Minister of Nepal.
|Biggest Rival||Dr. Baburam Bhattarai
|Physical Stats & More
|Height||in centimeters- 173 cm
in meters- 1.73 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 8”
|Weight||in Kilograms- 80 kg
in Pounds- 176 lbs
|Date of Birth||11 December 1954
|Age (as in 2016)||62 Years
|Birth Place||Dhikur Pokhari, Kaski District, Nepal
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Sagittarius
|Hometown||Chitwan District, Nepal
|College|| Institute of Agriculture and Animal Science (IAAS), Rampur, Chitwan
|Educational Qualifications||Bachelor in Agriculture and Animal Science
|Family||Father- Muktiram Dahal
Mother- Bhawani Dahal
Brothers- Not Known
Sisters- Not Known
|Controversies||On February 1996, he declared People's War and looted the weapons of rural Nepal police. After which the Maoists went violent and they blew up police posts and terrorised the people. As a result, the local backward communities and ethnic minorities supported the Maoists, which later led to the unfortunate Royal massacre of 2001 that resulted in the civil war for 10 years led by Prachanda, during which more than 13,000 and thousands of people were displaced.
|Favourite Drink||Blue Label whisky
|Girls, Affairs and More
|Children||Daughter- Ganga, Gyanu KC (Died) and 1 Renu
Son- Prakash Dahal
|Net Worth||Not Known
Some Lesser Known Facts About Prachanda
- Does Prachanda smoke?: Not Known
- Does Prachanda drink alcohol?: Yes
- Prachanda started his career as a teacher and did this job for 6 years, after which he served at American development agency USAID in Jajorkot, which was facing poverty and inequality crises.
- He started his political journey in 1972 with Pushpal Group.
- In 1975, he took a step forward and formed Marxist Group and few years later in 1978; he joined CPN (Fourth Convention).
- His inspiration was Peru’s Shining Path rebels.
- In 1996, he declared People’s War and led the Royal massacre of 2001 that resulted in the civil war for 10 years led by Prachanda, during which more than 13,000 and thousands of people were displaced.
- He went underground for around 25 years and came out publicly in 2006.
- He is known for his lavish life as after he became the PM in 2008, he purchasing a bed worth 100,000 (NPR). He was criticized for it as he fought equality and poverty for around 40 years.
- He was married at the age of 15.
- His wife worked as an adviser to the Maoist party.
- Both his mother and daughter Gyanu KC, died due to cancer.
- He loves wearing Swiss Rado watches.
- One of his sons-in-law is Indian.
- In 2008, he became the first Prime Minister of Nepal Republic.
- After a long political journey of 42 years, he became the 39th Prime Minister of Nepal in August 2016.
- On 24 May 2017, he resigned from the post of Nepal’s Prime Minister as per pact with Deuba.
- Ujjwala Raut Height, Age, Boyfriend, Husband, Children, Family, Biography & More
- Sahil Sangha (Dia Mirza’s Husband) Height, Weight, Age, Wife, Biography & More
- Arvind Trivedi Age, Wife, Children, Family, Biography & More
- Khalid Siddiqui (Actor) Height, Weight, Age, Biography, Wife & More
- Bianca (aka Biyanka) Desai Height, Weight, Age, Husband, Biography & More
- Sanjay Pandey Age, Wife, Children, Family, Biography & More
- K. K. Singh (Sushant Singh Rajput’s Father) Age, Wife, Biography & More
- Rushali Rai Height, Weight, Age, Affairs, Biography & More