Age: 63 Years
Wife: Girija Singh
|Profession(s)||Politician & Former Indian Administrative Service officer|
|Famous For||Being the former national president of Janata Dal (United) and the Minister of Steel in the second Modi ministry|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 168 cm
in meters- 1.68 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 6”
|Hair Colour||Salt & pepper (half bald)|
|Service||Indian Administrative Service|
|Major Desigantion(s)||• Joint Magistrate in Sultanpur District
• Sub Divisional Magistrate, Khalilabad
• GM of UP Handloom Corporation
• Chief Development Officer, Kanpur (Nagar and Dehat)
• Collector and District Magistrate in Rampur, Hamirpur, Barabanki, and Fatehpur
• Private Secretary to Beni Prasad Verma, former Minister of Post and Telecom
• Private Secretary to Nitish Kumar, Minister of Railways, Surface Transport (including shipping), and Agriculture
• Additional CEO Greater Noida Authority, Govt. of UP
• Principal Secretary to the Chief Minister of Bihar Nitish Kumar
|Political Party||Joined Janata Dal (United) in 2010
|Political Journey||• Joined Janata Dal (United) and got elected to Rajya Sabha in 2010
• Served as a Member of Standing Committee on Railway, DOPT in 2010
• Served as a Member of Consultative Committee of External Affairs and Home in 2010
• Elected as the General Secretary of JDU later
• Selected as the National President of JDU
• Took oath as the Union Cabinet Minister of Steel, Government of India, on 7 July 2021
|Date of Birth||6 July 1958 (Sunday)|
|Age (as of 2021)||63 Years|
|Birthplace||Mustafapur, Nalanda, Bihar|
|Hometown||Mustafapur, Nalanda, Bihar|
|School||Choudhary High School, Nalanda|
|College/University||• Patna University (1979-1982)
• Jawaharlal Nehru University, Delhi (1982)
|Educational Qualification||• B.A. (Hons.) in History, Patna University
• M.A. in International Relations, Jawaharlal Nehru University, Delhi ceobihar
|Relationships & More|
|Children||Daughter- Lipi Singh (IPS Officer), Lata Singh (Lawyer)
|Parents||Father- Sukhdeo Narayan Singh
Mother- Dukhalalo Devi
• Bank Deposits: Rs. 1.97 crore
• Bonds, Debentures, Shares: Rs. 26,744
• NSS, Postal Savings etc.: Rs. 49 lakh
• Jewellery: Rs. 15.12 lakh
• Agricultural Land: Rs. 4.86 lakh
|Net Worth (approx.) (as of 2019)||Rs. 2.73 crore MyNeta|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Ram Chandra Prasad Singh
- Ram Chandra Prasad Singh is an Indian politician and the former national president of the Janata Dal (United) political party. He was serving as an IAS officer before joining politics. He was appointed as the Minister of Steel in the second Narendra Modi‘s Ministry during the cabinet reshuffling.
- Ram Chandra Prasad Singh completed his formal education and joined Indian Administrative Services (IAS) in 1984, and he was allotted the UP Cadre. His first posting was in Sultanpur district as a Joint Magistrate. Over the years, Ram Chandra has worked in several capacities with the government from being the Sub Divisional Magistrate to Collector and District Magistrate of four districts.
- According to several reports, Ram Chandra was close to the Chief Minister of Bihar Nitish Kumar. Ram Chandra was appointed as the private secretary of Nitish Kumar when he was serving in the Ministry of Railways, Agriculture, and Surface Transport. Ram Chandra took VRS (voluntary retirement scheme) in 2010.
- In the same year, he joined the Janata Dal (United) party, and he became the General Secretary of the party. He was elected in the Rajya Sabha in June 2010 and served as a Member of the Consultative Committees on External Affairs and Home Affairs.
- Ram Chandra Prasad Singh is known as the ‘man of a few words,’ and despite this image, he was given a key party post of national general secretary (organization). He held the position till he was appointed as the national president of the party at the beginning of 2021.
- In December 2019, Ram Chandra defended the Citizenship Amendment Bill in Parliament during a session while it was being opposed by Prashant Kishor, who was the national vice president of Janata Dal (United) back then.
- Ram Chandra has two daughters- Lipi Singh and Lata Singh. Lipi Singh is a 2016-batch IPS officer and Lata Singh is a lawyer.
- After spending so many years in different departments, Ram Chandra was certain about his election in the Union Cabinet soon after the Lok Sabha polls; however, BJP secured a major victory on their own and insisted that the allies of the party should settle for a ‘token representation.’ This decision forced Nitish Kumar and his party (JDU) to support the Modi government.
- Soon after this separation, BJP lost the support of Shiv Sena, and they realized that it would be impossible to win elections in states like Bihar, where politics was caste-dominated. After this, BJP decided to give due honor to Ram Chandra Singh and offered him a position in the cabinet of Narendra Modi when the reshuffling happened.
- In 2020, Ram Chandra’s daughter hit the national headlines when the police opened fire on several people who were on their way for the immersion of Goddess Durga’s idol. The police team was supervised by Lipi Singh, and in the face of raging protests, she was removed from the post of district SP by the Election Commission.