Husband: Karan Razdan
Father: Vijay Tendulkar
Age: 47 Years
|Other Name||Rajani (Her name in the TV serial, Rajani (1985)|
|Profession(s)||Actor, Social Activist, and Writer|
|Famous Role||Titular role in the TV serial, 'Rajani' (1985)
|Physical Stats & More|
|Eye Colour||Hazel Brown|
|Debut||Theatre Play (Actor): Haya Vadan (1969); as a doll
Film (Actor): Ankur (1974)
|Date of Birth||19 October 1954 (Tuesday)|
|Date of Death||19 September 2002 (Thursday)|
|Place of Death||Her 'Prabhadevi' residence in Mumbai|
|Age (at the time of death)||47 Years|
|Death Cause||She died of a heart attack, and she had also been battling with breast cancer for a long time.|
|Educational Qualification(s)||• Degree in Political Science
• Diploma in Painting The Guardian
|Caste||Saraswat Brahmin Wikipedia|
|Hobbies||Cooking, Sketching, and Painting|
|Relationships & More|
|Marital Status (at the time of death)||Divorced|
|Marriage Date||Year 1998|
|Husband/Spouse||Karan Razdan (Actor)
|Parents||Father- Vijay Tendulkar (Writer)
Mother- Nirmala Tendulkar
|Siblings||Brother- Raja Tendulkar (Cinematographer)
Sister(s)- Tanuja Mohite and Sushma Tendulkar
Some Lesser Known Facts About Priya Tendulkar
- Priya Tendulkar was an Indian actress, social activist, and writer.
- She appeared in a TV commercial of a sewing machine at the age of 15.
- She did various jobs like hotel service receptionist in a 5-star hotel, an air hostess, a part-time model, and a newsreader, before starting her career as an actor.
- Reportedly, she is India’s first TV superstar.
- After seven years of her marriage with Karan Razdan, the couple got divorced.
- She worked as an actor in the films, like ‘Minchina Ota’ (1980), ‘Nasoor’ (1985), ‘Besahara’ (1987), ‘Mohra’ (1994), ‘Trimurti’ (1995), and ‘Gupt’ (1997).
- She acted in various Hindi TV serials, including ‘Yug’ (1996), ‘Itihaas’ (1996), ‘Hum Paanch’ (1995), and ‘Professor Pyarelal’ (1999).
- She was the host of the talk shows, like ‘Priya Tendulkar Talk Show’ and ‘Zimmedar Kaun.’
- She was featured in various TV commercials.
- She was honoured with various Maharashtra and Gujarat state awards.
- She received many awards for her books as an author.
- The former Prime Minister, Atal Bihari Vajpayee expressed his condolence on the demise of Priya Tendulkar.