Age: 29 Years
Wife: Sasha Hurly
|Profession||South African Cricketer (Batsman and Wicket-keeper)|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 170 cm
in meters- 1.70 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 7”
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 66 kg
in Pounds- 145 lbs
|Body Measurements (approx.)||- Chest: 38 Inches
- Waist: 30 inches
- Biceps: 13 Inches
|International Debut||Test- 20 February 2014 vs Australia in Port Elizabeth
ODI- 13 January 2013 vs New Zealand in Paarl
T20- 21 December 2012 vs New Zealand in Durban
|International Retirement||On 30 December 2021, he announced his retirement from Test cricket with immediate effect. The Hindu|
|Last Match||Test- 26 December 2021 against India at SuperSport Park|
|Jersey Number||#12 (South Africa)
#12 (IPL, County Cricket)
|Domestic/State Team||South Africa U19, Lions, South Africa, Sunrisers Hyderabad, Delhi Daredevils, West Indies, Titans, South Africa A, Rangpur Riders|
|Nature on field||Calm
|Favourite Shot/Ball||Cover drive|
|Records (main ones)||• In 2013, he hit 3 consecutive ODI centuries against India in South Africa.
• He and Upul Tharanga (SL) share the most number of centuries under 21 years of age with 6, though de Kock has a better average.
|Career Turning Point||Match winning performance against Mumbai Indians in the 2012 Champions League Twenty20.|
|Date of Birth||17 December 1992|
|Age (as of 2021)||29 Years|
|Birthplace||Johannesburg, South Africa|
|Hometown||Johannesburg, South Africa|
|School||King Edward VII School, Johannesburg|
|Family||Father- Not Known
Mother- Not Known
Brother- Not Known
Sister- Dalean de Kock (Elder)
|Controversy||After the team was directed to take a knee in their remaining games, he opted to miss the Twenty20 World Cup match against West Indies on 26 October 2021 for "personal reasons." He had declined to take a knee in the past. In June 2021, he called it “my own personal opinion.””…it’s everyone’s decision. No one is forced to do anything. Not in life. That’s the way I see things. That’s just about it." The Indian Express|
|Cricketer||Batsman: AB de Villiers, Hashim Amla, Chris Gayle and Kumar Sangakkara
Bowler: Dale Steyn
|Actor||Mark Wahlberg and Dwayne Johnson|
|Girls, Family & More|
|Wife||Sasha Hurly (Cheerleader)
|Marriage Date||September 19, 2016|
|Salary||IPL- INR 3.5 Crore|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Quinton de Kock
- Does Quinton de Kock smoke?: No
- Does Quinton de Kock drink alcohol?: Yes
- Quinton was the captain of South Africa’s Under-19 side in January 2012.
- He, Neil McKenzie and former South African skipper Graeme Smith studied from the same school.
- At young age, he was a big fat and his mates used to call him Tubby Taylor because of his similar physique to former Australian cricketer Mark Taylor.
- During a match, one of the cheerleader called Sasha Hurly was very impressed with him and congratulated him after the match, after that they had social networking interactions and now they are dating each other.
- He shares a joint record with Vivian Richards, Kevin Pietersen, and Jonathan Trott to score the fastest 1,000 runs in ODIs.