|Full Name||Steven Peter Devereux Smith|
|Nickname(s)||Schmidt, Smudge, Smithy, God|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 175 cm
in meters- 1.75 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 9”
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 78 kg
in Pounds- 172 lbs
|Body Measurements (approx.)||- Chest: 40 Inches
- Waist: 32 Inches
- Biceps: 12 Inches
|Eye Colour||Light Blue|
|International Debut||Test- 13 July 2010 vs Pakistan at Lord's
ODI- 19 February 2010 vs West Indies at Melbourne
T20- 5 February 2010 vs Pakistan at Melbourne
|Jersey Number||#49 (Australia)
|Domestic/State Team(s)||Antigua Hawksbills, New South Wales, Pune Warriors, Rajasthan Royals, Rising Pune Supergiants, Royal Challengers Bangalore, Sutherland, Sydney Sixers, Worcestershire|
|Likes to play against||India, England|
|Records (main ones)||• 2nd highest wicket taker of ICC WorldCup T20 2010.
• First Australian skipper to open the captaincy with three consecutive centuries, and the second batsman against West Indies to score a century in every match of a Test series.
• During the 2014–15 Border-Gavaskar Trophy Test Series, Smith set a record for the most runs (769) scored by an individual in a series against India.
|Career Turning Point||His performance in the 2009–10 domestic season where he had a first-class batting average of 50+, and a bowling average of 45+, which was later improved with the help of Shane Warne, who also praised him. In the final match of the season he took 7 for 64 in the 2nd innings against South Australia.|
|Date of Birth||2 June 1989|
|Age (as in 2019)||30 Years|
|Birthplace||Sydney, New South Wales, Australia|
|Hometown||Sydney, New South Wales, Australia|
|School||Alfords Point Primary School
Menai High School, Sutherland Shire
|Educational Qualification||High school dropout|
|Family||Father- Peter Smith
Mother- Gillian Smith
Sister- Kristie Smith (Elder)
|Hobbies||Photography, scuba diving, watching tennis, rugby & baseball|
|Controversy||• Steve took a magnificent catch of Pakistani batsmen Fawad Alam in slips which was a little controversial as Smith ran to the ball before batsmen played the shot, later it was declared a fair catch.
• On 24 March 2018, during the evening session on the third day of the 3rd Test match between Australia and South Africa, Australia's Cameron Bancroft was caught on camera damaging the ball with a small yellow object (ball-tampering). At the press conference after the day's play, Bancroft accepted that he was trying to alter the ball with yellow tape attached to some padding, with captain Steve Smith fully aware about it as it was planned during the lunch break by the "leadership group," of the team. After the investigation, the Cricket Australia banned Steve Smith and David Warner for a year, and Cameron Bancroft for 9 months, from international and domestic cricket.
|Favourite Athletes||Batsman: Ricky Ponting
Bowler: Shane Warne
Tennis: Roger Federer
|Favourite Film||Hollywood: Home Alone 2: Lost in New York|
|Favourite TV Shows||American: Las Vegas, CSI, Two and a Half Men, One Tree Hill|
|Favourite Musicians||Florence + The Machine, Little Birdy, Vampire Weekend, La Roux, The Killers|
|Favourite Food||Chicken Schnitzel, Acai|
|Favourite Restaurant||Clovelly Hotel in Sydney|
|Girls, Family & More|
|Marriage Date||15 September 2018|
|Salary (as in 2017)||Retainer Fee: $1.12 million (AUD)
Per Test: $14,000 (AUD)
Per ODI: $7,000 (AUD)
Per T20: $5,000 (AUD)
|Net Worth||$9 Million (AUD)
Some Lesser Known Facts About Steve Smith
- Does Steve Smith smoke?: Not Known
- Does Steve Smith drink alcohol?: Yes
- Steve was born to an Australian father and an English mother.
- He started playing cricket as a spin bowler but later on, he became an all-rounder as his batting improved drastically.
- He was the leading wicket-taker in the 2008 KFC Big Bash tournament.
- He was trained by none other than the leg spin master Shane Warne but Smith couldn’t establish his name as a leg spinner instead he became a prolific batsman.
- In the 2014-15 Test series vs India, he scored centuries in all 4 first innings of the home Tests against India.
- In the same series, he became the 45th Test captain for Australia.
- He won the prestigious Allan Border Medal in 2015.
- He was also the ICC Player of the Year and ICC Test Player of the Year in 2015.
- He is a fan of horse racing and owns a share in 4 racehorses.
- He has a pet dog, Charlie.
- In August 2019, during the second Ashes Test at Lord’s, Steve Smith collapsed to the ground after being hit in the neck by a ball from Jofra Archer. Smith was on 80 when he was hit on the neck by test debutant Archer; it was a 90 miles per hour delivery. Jofra did attract some criticism on social media for his behaviour after the incident as he walked away and didn’t check on Smith.
Is Jofra Archer the most lethal bowler in world cricket today? He did this to three batsmen in this year's World Cup. I'm seriously praying for Steve Smith. Really concerned about him now. pic.twitter.com/0Zeh9C0092
— Rifat Jawaid (@RifatJawaid) August 17, 2019