|Famous for||Playing the role of Manu in the film 'Chhello Show' (2022)
|Debut||Film: Chhello Show (2022)
|Last Film||Chhello Show (2022)|
|Date of Death||2 October 2022|
|Place of Death||Gujarat, India|
|Age (at the time of death)||10 Years|
In 2022, Rahul was diagnosed with Blood cancer at the age of 10 and was undergoing treatment for the same. He suffered from a high fever and was taken to a hospital in Jamnagar. Later, he was rushed to Ahmedabad for further hospitalization as he did not show any signs of recovery. Deccan Herald On 2 October 2022, Rahul passed away due to Leukaemia while he was undergoing treatment at the Gujarat Cancer Research Institute. His last rites were performed at Hapa village in Jamnagar, Gujarat.Hindustan Times During an interview, his father, Ramu Koli, said,
"On Sunday, October 2, he had his breakfast, and then after repeated bouts of fever in the following hours, Rahul vomited blood thrice, and just like that my child was no more."
|Parents||Father- Ramu Koli (Rickshaw driver)
Mother- Name not known
|Siblings||Rahul was the eldest among four brothers.|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Rahul Koli
- Rahul Koli (2012-2022) was an Indian child actor who appeared in the film ‘Chhello Show,’ which was India’s official entry for the Best International Feature Film at the 95th Academy Awards. On 2 October 2022, he lost his battle with Leukaemia.
- Ragul was diagnosed with Leukaemia after the completion of the film Chhello Show. He exhibited symptoms of fever that didn’t decrease even after multiple medications. Rahul was undergoing treatment at the Gujarat Cancer Research Institute (CGRI) in Ahmedabad.
- In an interview, Rahil’s father, Ramu Koli, talked about Rahul’s deteriorating health and said,
He was so happy and would often tell us that our life would change after October 14 ( the release date of the movie). But he left us before that. On Sunday, he had his breakfast. Sometime later he came down with a fever and vomited blood thrice. And just like that my child was no more. But our family will watch his movie together on October 14.”
- In an interview, Rahul’s father talked about the financial conditions they faced during Rahul’s treatment and said,
We are poor, but his dream meant everything to us. We had to sell our rickshaw for his treatment. When the film crew came to know what happened, they got us back to the rickshaw.”
- In an interview, the director of the film ‘Chhello Show’ Pan Nalin (Nalin Pandya) revealed that when Rahul was admitted to the hospital, the entire Chhello Show team was with him during his treatment and said,
We have been with the family looking after Rahul for weeks, but in the end, he could not be saved.”
- In 2021, he played the role of Manu, who is one of the best friends of the lead named Samay (played by Bhavin Rabari), in the Indian Gujarati-language film Chhello Show, which became India’s official entry for Best International Feature Film at the 95th Academy Awards. The film earned the 2022 Best Feature Film Award at the 3rd International Gujarati Film Festival (IGFF) in Atlanta USA.