Rahul Navin Age, Wife, Family, Biography & More
Some Lesser Known Facts About Rahul Navin
- Rahul Navin is a 1993-batch Indian Revenue Service (IRS) officer who was appointed interim in-charge Director of the Enforcement Directorate (ED) on 15 September 2023.
- He joined the ED in 2019 after which he headed its headquarters division. He held the position of Chief Vigilance Officer at the ED headquarters.
Rahul Navin during a feedback seminar for the officers of the 63rd batch of the IRS in 2012
- On 15 September 2023, Navin was designated as the interim Director of the ED, taking over from Sanjay Mishra after his term concluded. It was specified that Navin would assume this role until a permanent Director is appointed or until further instructions are given. Prior to this, he had served as the Special Director of the ED.
- The central government was closely monitoring the appointment of Rahul Navin as the Director of the ED. They were reluctant to see Sanjay Mishra retire. Allegedly, during Mishra’s tenure, the ED was highly active in pursuing cases against politicians, primarily from opposition parties, leading to the discovery of numerous money laundering cases and the imprisonment of several politicians for alleged financial crimes. Mishra initially took on the role of ED Director in 2018 for a two-year term, but his tenure was extended for an additional year just before it was set to end. In September 2021, the Supreme Court, while allowing this extension as an exceptional case, explicitly stated that no further extensions should be granted to the director. In an attempt to overcome the 2021 Supreme Court ruling, the government made amendments to the Central Vigilance Commission Act and other laws, enabling yearly extensions for up to five years. Interestingly, on 11 July 2023, when the court firmly upheld its decision, the government once again approached the court. During the hearing, the Supreme Court questioned the government for seeking an extension for Mishra and asked whether the entire department had no competent individuals aside from Mishra. Nevertheless, the government managed to secure an additional month and a half for Mishra by citing an upcoming FATF review as the reason. FATF is an international organization focused on combating terror financing. After receiving his fourth extension as the ED Director, Mishra retired in September 2023, completing his fifth year in the bureaucracy.
A picture of Rahul Navin
- Rabia Khan Age, Husband, Family, Biography & More
- Preneet Kaur Age, Caste, Husband, Children, Family, Biography & More
- Manisha Rani Age, Husband, Family, Biography & More
- Jayant Sinha Age, Caste, Wife, Family, Biography & More
- Sandiip Sikcand Age, Wife, Family, Biography & More
- Priyanka Choudhary (MTV Roadies 19) Age, Boyfriend, Family, Biography & More
- Puneett Chouksey (Actor) Age, Girlfriend, Family, Biography & More
- Monica Sharma Height, Age, Boyfriend, Family, Biography & More