Wife: Birwa Qureshi
Age: 60 Years
|Profession||Indian Classical Musician (Tabla Maestro)|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 170 cm
in meters- 1.70 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 7”
|Music||1993: Raga Darbari Kannada & Dhun in Rag Mishra Pilu
2013: Ley Lines
1979: Mynta (Swedish World band)
|Date of Birth||13 February 1961
|Age (as of 2021)||60 Years|
|Education Qualification||Bachelors of Law (Dropout)
|College/University||Government Law College |
|Parents||Father: Ustad Allah Rakha (Legendary Tabla Maestro)
Mother: Bavi Begum
|Siblings||Brother: Ustad Zakir Hussain
Brother: Taufiq Qureshi
Some Lesser Known Facts About Fazal Qureshi
- Fazal Qureshi is an Indian tabla player and he is the son of legendary tabla maestro Ustad Allah Rakha.
- He is a younger brother of Ustad Zakir Hussain who inspired him to become a tabla player. He started learning to play tabla at the age of 15 whereas Zakir started playing when he was just 8 years old.
- In 1987, a swedish band named Mynta toured India when they teamed up with Fazal Qureshi and Shankar Mahadevan to form their new sound which led them to create a genre which they call ‘Nordic ice with Indian Spice’. The group have released over six albums and performed all over the world.
- He dropped out of college in second year where he was pursuing bachelors in law so he could commit to play tabla full time.
- Apart from being a classical trained musician, he has also ventured into jazz genre to explore the waters as he remembers his father in 60’s used to play with several jazz drummers and musicians.
- Fazal, now runs Ustad Allah Rakha Institute of music. Students from all around the world come to learn from him as the classes are held in a large room in the Gala Building within the Mahatma Gandhi Memorial Swimming Pool complex in Shivaji park.