Age: 25 Years
Marital Status: Unmarried
|Nickname||RS Instagram- Rajat Sood|
|Profession(s)||Stand-up pomedy (poetry + comedy) artist, host, writer, songwriter, vlogger, creative director|
|Famous for||Winning the reality TV comedy show India’s Laughter Champion (2022)
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 170 cm
in meters- 1.70 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 7”
|Hair Colour||Dark Brown|
|Debut||Reality TV Show: Sau Karod Ka Kavi (2021)
|Date of Birth||10 November 1996 (Sunday)|
|Age (as of 2021)||25 Years|
|School||• Sri Guru Nanak Public School, Delhi (2002 to 2006)
• Titiksha Public School, Delhi (2006-2015)
|College/University||Delhi College of Engineering (2015-2019)|
|Educational Qualification||B.Tech Rajat Sood- LinkedIn|
|Relationships & More|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Rajat Sood
- Rajat Sood is an Indian stand-up comedian, poetry artist, host, writer, songwriter, creative director, and vlogger. He won Sony TV’s reality TV comedy show India’s Laughter Champion in August 2022.
- He grew up in a middle-class family in Delhi.
- An all-rounder, Rajat excelled at academics and sports in his school days. While studying at Titiksha Public School, he received the Scholar Badge at 5 Academic sessions. He also headed his school’s cricket and Kho Kho teams. During the same time, he became the head of the NCC batch for the national camp with Delhi Battalion-6.
- At Delhi College of Engineering, Rajat joined Madhurima, the Music Society of DTU, and Sahitya, the Literary & Debating Society of DTU.
- Developing an interest in poetry in his college days, Rajat started writing his own poetry and performing it on various stage shows.
- In March 2016, Rajat began his career as an Event Executive with Clock Work Events, where he worked on indoor and outdoor auditions for the Indian reality TV talent show India’s Got Talent: Season 7. He managed the logistics and hospitality of around 6000 participants during the auditions. He worked on the auditions for around a month.
- In January 2018, Sood started working as the Head of Hospitality at Engifest DTU, New Delhi. As the Head of Hospitality, Rajat headed a team of around 150 persons at Engifest DTU. He supervised the hospitality requirements of celebrities like Nucleya, Piyush Mishra, Amit Trivedi, and Dr Kumar Vishwas.
- While working with the Engifest group, Rajat hosted a concert for the Punjabi singer Guri in February 2018. the concert was held in Delhi. He has also hosted a concert for the Punjabi singer Mankirt Aulakh in Delhi.
- Subsequently, Rajat worked as a chief event coordinator at The Paralympics Sports Meet 2018, Delhi. The event was organised by the Sports Authority of India.
- In February 2020, Rajat hosted two live talk shows for the Viral Fever. The first show involved the cast of TVF’s Kota Factory, and the second show featured TVF’s College Romance fame Keshav Sadhna.
- He has also performed the stand-up pomedy show Khayaalbaaz, a solo show fusing comedy with poetry, at many college festivals in India including IITs, BITS Pilani, DTU, AIIMS Rishikesh, NIT Delhi, Punjabi University Patiala, PEC Chandigarh, Army College of Medical Sciences Delhi, Indraprastha University (Maharaja Agarsen Institute of Technology, Northern India Engineering College, Bhagwan Parshuram Institute of Technology) and Delhi University (Shayama Prasad Mukherjee College, Zakir Hussain college). The show became immensely popular among the audience for its uniqueness. He has performed the show at around 50 stages in 10 cities across India.
- In 2021, Rajat Sood became one of the finalists of India’s first-ever poetry reality TV show Sau Karod Ka Kavi. The show was broadcast on DD Kisaan and DD National channels from January 2021 to June 2021. Around 40 contestants from various cities of India took part in the show.
- Working as a lyricist, rapper, and creative director at Full Power Entertainment, Rajat has worked on projects like ‘The 21st Century Song’ and ‘The Pehla Nasha Parody.’
- He has hosted more than 100 public speaking events including cultural, technical, motivational, social awareness, corporate, and private gigs as an emcee and entertainer.
- In November 2021, he joined Stars N Stripes Media Pvt Ltd as a creative director. During his tenure at Stars N Stripes Media Pvt Ltd, Rajat worked on Network Generated Content (NGC) for various shows broadcasted by Viacom18 on Colors and MTV channels like Bigg Boss, Comedy Nights with Kapil, and Fear Factor: Khatron Ke Khiladi.
- He has also founded a self-titled YouTube channel. The channel was created on 13 March 2019. He uploads videos relating to comedy and poetry on his channel and has around 12.9K subscribers on it (as of 2022).
- In 2022, he appeared as a contestant in Sony TV’s reality show India’s Laughter Champion. The show also features on the OTT platform: SonyLiv.
- In his spare time, Rajat loves to travel.
- Rajat has shared various pictures on his social media accounts in which he can be seen consuming alcohol with his friends.
- According to his LinkedIn account, Sood is a showman (one who loves to be on stage). Creating humour by adding a touch of comedy to his real-life experiences, Rajat has performed on various stages from corporate shows to Maata Ka Jagraata.