|Profession(s)||Actress, Television Presenter|
|Famous Role||Elizabeth/Eli in the Malayalam film "Anuraga Karikkin Vellam" (July 2016)|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 165 cm
in meters- 1.65 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 5”
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Debut||• Television Host: Susi's code Season 1 (2013-2014) on Surya Music
• Malayali Film (Actress): Anuraga Karikkin Vellam (2016) as Elizabeth
• Tamil Film (Actress): Karnan (2020) as Draupathai
• Telugu Film (Actress): Rama Rao On Duty (2022)
|Awards||• 2016: New Promise in Acting (Female) at Asia Vision Awards and Kerala State Film Award for Best Actress for movie "Anuraga Karikkin Vellam"
• 2017: Best Star Pair (shared with Asif Ali) at Asianet Film Awards, Vanitha Film Award for Best Star Pair, CPC Cine Award for Best actress, and 2nd IIFA Utsavam Award for 'Performance In A Leading Role-Female (Malayalam)' for movie "Anuraga Karikkin Vellam"
• 2020: Ramu Kariat award for Best second actress for movie "June"
• 2020: Best Character Actress at Asianet Film Awards for movies June, Finals, and Stand Up
|Date of Birth||15 July 1991 (Monday)|
|Age (as of 2021)||30 Years|
|Birthplace||Perambra, Kozhikode, Kerala|
|School||She has attended seven schools.|
|College/University||Amity University, Delhi|
|Educational Qualification||Graduation in Journalism and Mass Communication The Hindu|
|Hobbies||Reading, Travelling, Theatre, Dancing, Athletics|
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||Aswin Menon (till 2016) (Works at Steel Authority of India)
|Parents||Father- Vijayan (Retired from Army)
Mother- Sheela (Former school teacher)
Sister- Anjusha Vijayan (younger; image in parents' section)
|Actors||Kamal Haasan, Mohanlal|
|Actresses||Anushka Shetty, Kalki Koechlin, Konkona Sen Sharma|
|Travel Destination||Kullu Manali|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Rajisha Vijayan
- Rajisha Vijayan is an Indian actress and television presenter, who primarily works in the Malayalam entertainment industry. Rajisha has worked in Tamil and Telugu films as well. She is also a former video jockey.
- The Mollywood actress revealed in an interview that when she was in school, she was very active in performing arts, which inspired her to pursue a career in media. Vijayan also admitted that, initially, she wanted to pursue medicine or engineering. The Hindu She added,
Like many Malayalis who grew up on a diet of excellent films, deep inside, I always wanted to be in the movies. I have often play-acted my Oscar speech – with a shampoo bottle!”
- Soon after completing her graduation, Rajisha stepped into the modelling field when she was 21 years old. After working for two years in the industry, Vijayan debuted in the Malayalam television industry as a host in 2013. She started working with Surya Music and Surya TV after giving auditions, and later she worked in Mazhavil Manorama as a host of a talent show called ‘Ugram Ujwalam.’ She has hosted many shows including Susi’s Code, Surya Challenge, etc., which contributed to her huge following in the industry. International Business Times While talking about her stint as an anchor, Vijayan said in an interview, The Hindu
I did not become an anchor to get into films; I was in television for the love of it. I am focussed that way; I like to give whatever I am doing, my whole concentration.”
- Vijayan was offered to act in a movie within six months of becoming an anchor. OnManorama Expressing her joy, the actress said in an interview,
I was waiting for a good role. I was hoping to act in a movie ever since I completed my degree course.”
- In June 2016, Rajisha got engaged to her childhood friend and boyfriend of around two years, Aswin Menon, at a private resort in Kozhikode, Kerala; however, soon, the actress broke her engagement. According to media reports, Rajisha withdrew from the marriage for her career, as she was just starting out in the movies at the time. Malayalam Filmibeat Malayalam Filmibeat
The actress had taken a two-year-long break before taking up the offer of working in a Malayalam film titled “Anuraga Karikkin Vellam” in July 2016. Her acting skills in her debut movie earned her much acclaim, and she received many awards and honours for her role as ‘Eli.’ In an interview, when asked about taking a break in her acting career, Rajisha said, International Business Times
The face of Eli has to be fresh for the audience and the mannerisms of anchoring should not influence acting. So Rahman [director] had suggested that I take a break from anchoring. I took a break because I knew I have to concentrate on one job. While anchoring is natural and spontaneous, acting is totally different.”
- A year after, Rajisha did her second Malayalam movie, Georgettan’s Pooram, and another movie, Oru Cinemakaaran – both of which did commercially well. In 2018, she became a part of the theatre drama Hand of God in which she played the role of the queen. The Times of India
- In 2019, Vijayan appeared in the lead role in the film “June,” which went on to become one of the blockbuster hits. The actress’ performance in the film was critically and commercially acclaimed.
- Following this, the Mollywood actress was seen in the lead role in other movies including Finals (2019), Stand Up (2019), Love (2020), and Kho-Kho (2021). All these movies were commercial hits and helped Rajisha earn fame in the acting industry.
- The actress suffered a severe knee injury during the shooting of her movie ‘Finals.’ OnManorama She said in an interview,
I had a knee injury at the location of the ‘Finals.’ The ligaments of my right knee were sprained and I had to complete the rest of the shooting after recovering from the injury. Shooting in the most difficult terrains were completed after I was injured.”
- The Mollywood star made her debut in a lead role alongside actor Dhanush in 2020 in the Tamil film industry with the movie ‘Karnan.’
- In November 2021, the widely acclaimed Tamil courtroom drama Jai Bhim featured Vijayan in a pivotal role of a teacher named Mythra.
- In 2022, she will make her debut in the Telugu cinema with ‘Ramarao On Duty.’
- Rajisha is also a trained Indian classical dancer.
- Talking about her future goals in an interview, OnManorama Vijayan added,
My goal is to keep on doing good cinema. I want characters that challenge the actor in me. Cinema is like an ocean. I have done just five films. There is so much left for me to explore. My hopes and ambitions are wide and infinite.”