Age: 42 Years
Marital Status: Unmarried
Hometown: Hyderabad, Telangana
|Real name||Sweety Shetty The Indian Express|
|Names Earned||Lady Superstar of South Indian cinema News9live|
|Famous Role||Princess Devasena in the film series Baahubali (2015–2017)
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 175 cm
in meters- 1.75 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 9”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 60 kg
in pounds- 132 lbs
|Figure Measurements (approx.)||34-30-36|
|Physical Transformation||For film Size Zero (2015)- Anushka gained 20 kgs to play the role of Soundarya in the film Size Zero (2015). She insisted the director that she would actually put on the weight instead of using prosthetics or a body suit saying that a lean face and fat body was a mismatch. In an interview, while talking about the same she said,
"We did a photoshoot with prosthetics but I felt that though my body looked fat, my arms and face looked leaner. I felt that mismatch would not look good on screen and decided to do it the natural way by piling on the kilos.”
• Telugu: Super (2005) as Sasha
• Tamil: Rendu (2006) as Jothi
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||• Won the title of Favorite Heroine at Vijay Awards for Vettaikaran (2009)
• Special Jury Award at Nandi Awards for Arundhati (2009)
• Best Actress Award at Filmfare Awards South for Arundhati (2009)
• Best Actress Award at CineMAA Awards for Arundhati (2009)
• Best Actress Award at Santosham Film Awards for Arundhati (2009)
• Best Actress (Jury) at CineMAA Awards for Vedam (2010)
• Best Actress Award at Filmfare Awards South for Vedam (2010)
• Best Actress Award at Santosham Film Awards for Vedam (2010)
• Best Actress Award at Nandi Awards for Size Zero (2015)
• Youth Icon of South Indian Cinema at South Indian International Movie Awards (2011)
• Kalaimamani Award by Tamil Nadu State Government (2011)
• TSR Lalitha Kala Parishath Award (2011)
• Special Prize – Best Actress at Tamil Nadu State Film Awards for Deiva Thirumagal (2011)
• Won the title of Favorite Heroine at Vijay Awards for Deiva Thirumagal (2011)
• Best Actress Award at Filmfare Awards South for Rudhramadevi (2015)
• Best Actress (Critics) Awards at South Indian International Movie Awards for Rudhramadevi (2015)
• Best Actress at CineMAA Awards for Rudhramadevi (2015)
• Best Actress Award at Santosham Film Awards for Rudhramadevi (2015)
Won the title of Best Actress in a Leading Role at Behindwoods Gold Medals for Baahubali 2: The Conclusion (2017)
|Date of Birth||7 November 1981 (Saturday)|
|Age (as of 2023)||42 Years|
|Birthplace||Puttur, Karnataka, India|
|College/University||Mount Carmel College, Bengaluru|
|Educational Qualification||Bachelor of Computer Applications at Mount Carmel College, Bengaluru BookMyShow|
|Ethnicity||She is a Tuluva who belongs to the Hindu Bunt community. In 2016, she was seen attending the Kola festival with her family at her ancestral Guthu mane home in Bellipadi in Puttur, Karnataka. Kola is a festival of spirit dance, enthusiastically celebrated among the Tulu-speaking communities in the South Kanara districts and Kasaragod districts of Kerala to gratify the Gods. She participated in all rituals and sought the blessings of presiding deities Modadeya, Rakteshwari, Maisandaya and Guliga. Daijiworld Media Facebook – Bunts Historical Guthu Houses
|Food Habit||Non-vegetarian Facebook – Anushka Shetty|
|Address||6th floor, Woods Apartments, Jubilee Hills, Hyderabad, Telangana
|Hobbies||Doing Yoga, Reading, Travelling, Gardening|
|Controversy||Income Tax Raid
On November 2011, the Income Tax department officials raided her residence in Jubilee Hills, Hyderabad, in regard to her Income Tax return. According to reports, the officials seized cash, bank passbooks and other documents from her residence. Shetty is said to have come under the scanner for purchasing a house in the Journalist Colony in Jubilee Hills and land on the outskirts of Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh. The Hindu
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||• Krish Jagarlamudi (film director) (rumoured; in 2010)
• Prabhas (rumoured)
• A Dubai-based businessman (rumoured; 2021)
• A businessman from Hyderabad (rumoured)
• A cricketer (rumoured)
|Parents||Father- A.N. Vittal Shetty
Mother- Prafulla Shetty
Brothers- Gunaranjan Shetty (Businessman) and Sai Ramesh Shetty (a cosmetic surgeon)
|Book||The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho|
|Actor||Prabhas, Akkineni Nagarjuna, Mahesh Babu|
|Actress(es)||Soundarya, Simran, Jyothika|
|Net Worth (approx.)||Rs 100 crore (as of 2023) Hindustan|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Anushka Shetty
- Anushka Shetty is an Indian actress, who is mainly known for her work in the Telugu and Tamil entertainment industries. She is best known for playing the role of Princess Devasena in the pan-India film series Baahubali (2015–2017). She received critical acclamation for her performances in the Tamil drama films Vaanam (2011), Deiva Thirumagal (2011) and Size Zero (2015). She is also known for her playing the lead roles in the Telugu film Arundhati (2009), Vedam (2010), and Rudhramadevi (2015).
- After completing her formal education, she started working as a yoga trainer after receiving training from Bharat Thakur, actress Bhoomika Chawla’s husband.
- Puri Jagannath was looking for a new face and it was Bharat Thakur who recommended Anushka’s name to Jagannath.
- She won nominated as Best Supporting Actress for her Tamil debut as Jothi in the action thriller film Rendu at Filmfare Awards South (2005).
- Though she made her film debut in 2005, her first success came up with ‘Vikramarkudu’ (2006), opposite Ravi Teja.
- In 2007, she gained immense appreciation for starring in the Telugu action film Don as Priya in which she shared the screen with Nagarjuna.
- In 2009, she gained immense popularity for playing the titular role in the Telugu film horror fantasy Arundhati. A major commercial success, the film went on to become one of the highest-grossing Telugu films in history at that time. It was later dubbed into several different languages like Malayalam, Tamil, Oriya, and Hindi.
- She came into the limelight for playing the role of a prostitute named Saroja in the Telugu anthology film Vedam (2010)
- She is famous for her saucy dance performances on various Telugu songs like I Wanna Spider Man from Stalin (2006), Nuvvu Ready Nenu Ready from King (2008), and Kedigaadu from Kedi (2010), and Ragada Ragada Ragada from Ragada (2010).
- Other popular Telugu films in which she appeared include Lakshyam (2007), Souryam (2008), and Chintakayala Ravi (2008), Rudhramadevi (2015), Bhaagamathie (2018).
- She shared the screen actor Vikram in the Tamil melodrama film Deiva Thirumagal (2011) in which she played Anuradha Ragunathan.
- In 2015, she received critical acclamation for her performance in the Tamil film Size Zero in which she played Soundarya ‘Sweety.’
- Other popular Tamil films under her belt include Vettaikaaran (2009), Singam (2010), Singam 2 (2013), and Yennai Arindhaal (2015).
- She gained international stardom with the epic action film series Baahubali in which she played the role of Devasena. Although Baahubali was filmed in Telugu and Tamil languages initially, the film later turned into a pan-India film. Reportedly, she charged Rs 5 crore for playing Devasena.
- She took a two years long hiatus from the entertainment industry, she starred in the film Nishabdham ( transl. Silence) in 2020 on Amazon Prime Video.
- She is the only actress to have worked with S.S. Rajamouli more than once.
- She ranked number one on the lists of Hyderabad Times Most Desirable Women (2015) and Hyderabad Times Forever Desirable Women (2021).
- During her school days, she had a great interest in Geography.
- She loves collecting poems and articles on nature.