|Real Name||Rana Ayyub Khan|
|Profession||Journalist, Author, Columnist|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 168 cm
in meters- 1.68 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 6”
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 60 kg
in Pounds- 132 lbs
|Date of Birth||1 May 1984|
|Age (as in 2017)||33 Years|
|Birth Place||Srinagar, J&K, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Taurus|
|Hometown||Srinagar, J&K, India|
|School||Did schooling from Srinagar|
|College/University||Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi, India|
|Educational Qualifications||Post Graduation in Social Communications and Media from Jamia Millia Islamia|
|Family||Father- Name Not Known
Mother- Name Not Known
Brother- Not Known
Sister- Not Known
|Hobbies||Traveling, Reading, Listening to Music|
|Major Controversies||There have been disputes between Rana Ayyub, Tarun Tejpal and Shoma Chaudhury of Tehelka over dropped stories and editorial decisions.|
|Boys, Affairs and More|
|Marital Status||Not Known|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Rana Ayyub
- Does Rana Ayyub smoke?: Not Known
- Does Rana Ayyub drink alcohol?: Not Known
- She was born to an upper-middle-class family in Srinagar, J&K.
- She attained her primary schooling from Srinagar.
- For higher education, she moved to New Delhi, where she pursued her Post Graduation in Social Communications and Media.
- Ayyub also has an experience in filmmaking and radio shows.
- In 2008, she joined Tehelka as an Investigations and Political Affairs Journalist.
- Before joining Tehelka, she worked as a freelancer for various news channels.
- In October 2011, Ayyub was honored with “Sanskriti Award” for excellence in journalism.
- In 2013, she resigned from Tehelka over a dispute with Tarun Tejpal (editor-in-chief of Tehelka) as there was a sexual assault charge against him.
- The Outlook magazine listed her investigation of the alleged Gujarat fake encounters as one of the 20 greatest magazine stories of all time across the world.
- She is a good friend of Bollywood actress Richa Chadha.
- She played the role of a journalist in the 2016 Bollywood film- Chalk n Duster.
- She is a staunch critic of Narendra Modi-led Bhartiya Janata Party (BJP) Government.