Age: 42 Years
Husband: Nikol Pashinyan
|Real Name/Full Name||Anna Vachiki Hakobyan Sing Tao|
|Famous For||Being the wife of the 16th Prime Minister of Armenia, Nikol Pashinyan|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 177 cm
in meters- 1.77 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 10”
|Hair Colour||Dark Brown|
|Date of Birth||1 February 1978 (Wednesday)|
|Age (as of 2020)||42 Years|
|Birthplace||Yerevan, Armenian Soviet Socialist Republic, USSR (now the Republic of Armenia)|
|Hometown||Yerevan, Armenian Soviet Socialist Republic, USSR (now the Republic of Armenia)|
|College/University||• The University of Yerevan (1997)
• American University of Armenia (2001)
|Educational Qualification||Bachelor of Journalism armedia.am|
|Relationships & More|
|Children||Son- Ashot Pashinyan (born in 2000)
Daughter- Mariam, Shushan & Apri
Some Lesser Known Fact About Anna Hakobyan
- Born and raised in Armenia’s Yerevan, Anna Hakobyan is the editor-in-chief of the largest circulated Armenian Newspaper, Haykakan Zhamanak” (The Armenian Times). Most importantly, she is the spouse of the 16th PM of Armenia, Nikol Pashinyan. She became popular after she took part in the 2018 Armenian Revolution (commonly known as Velvet Revolution) which was headed by Nikol Pashinyan, who was then a member of the Armenian Parliament.
- Anna Hakobyan grew up with an aspiration of making a career in journalism, therefore, she graduated from the Department of Journalism at Yerevan State University, where she first met her future husband, Nikol Pashinyan.
- She started her career as a journalist at “Haykakan Zhamanak” (The Armenian Times) in 2003, where Nikol Pashinyan was already the editor-in-chief.
- After Nikol Pashiniyan was imprisoned in the wake in the 2008 Armenian protests owing to political reasons in 2008, Anna was temporarily positioned as the editor-in-chief of The Armenian Times. She went through a hard time until Nikole was released from prison in May 2011.
- In 2013, she permanently took over the position of the editor-in-chief of The Armenian Times. This was after Nikol was elected as the member of the Armenian parliament in 2012.
- She actively took part in the 2018 Armenian Revolution protests, which resulted in pushing previous PM Serzh Sargsyan out of power and the election of Nikol Pashinyan as the new Prime Minister of Armenia.
- After Nikole assumed the office as the PM of Armenia, she established two charitable foundations, namely My Step” foundation and “City of Smile” foundation. “My Step” foundation works towards improving Armenia in five major areas, i.e., social, educational, health, cultural and environmental. Apart from that, “City of Smile” foundation was started to assist and provide professional support service to children and young people on their journey to conquer cancer.
- Considering the tensions between Armenia and Azerbaijan, she started “Women For Peace” campaign. This campaign is aimed at promoting peace and also to call out for a peaceful resolution to the Nagorno-Karabakh region conflict between both the countries.
- Amid the violent conflict between Azerbaijan and Armenia in October 2020, she took to her social media account to announce her participation in the combat training before she joins the Armenian armed forces on the Karabakh border.