Age: 35 Years
Hometown: Badarpur, Uttar Pradesh
|Famous For||Resigning from the post of IAS owing to security reasons|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 170 cm
in meters- 1.70 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 6”
|Date of Birth||19 December, 1986 (Friday)|
|Age (as in 2019)||Years|
|Hometown||Badarpur village, Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh|
|Political Inclination||Indian National Congress (INC)|
|Controversies||• In 2015, while she was posted as an Assistant-commissioner in Ambala, she reported that she has withstood sexual harassment by her drivers. Women's Web
• The same year, she also proclaimed that a senior IAS officer made indecent gestures to her. Women's Web
• In 2016, when she was serving as DM of Kosli, she accused her seniors of sexual harassment and ill-treatment. Women's Web
• The same year, she reported about an incident wherein an auto driver tried to abduct her. Jagran
• In December 2017, when she was serving in Sirsa district as the subdivisional magistrate of Dabawali, She had registered a case against a mysterious person who tried to trespass in her house. Financial Express
• The most contentious accusation which attracted the public’s attention was the case of Rani Nagar accusing 1985-batch senior IAS Sunil K Gulati’s of misbehaviour & harassment while she was working with him during the year 2018.
|Relationships & More|
|Parents||Father-Ratan Singh Nagar
Mother-Name Not Known
Some Lesser Known Facts About Rani Nagar
- Rani Nagar was born in Badarpur village, Gautam Budha Nagar, Uttar Pradesh. It is also the native village of former UP CM Mayawati.
- Rani Nagar is a 2014-batch IAS officer of Haryana cadre. In her six-year IAS career, she has served at various superior positions in different departments of Haryana Government.
- Since the start of her career, Rani Nagar has been blatant about the harassment she has faced. She has been sharing about them on her social media account.
- She filed her resignation on 4th June 2020 due to the threat to her personal security on government duty. However, CM of Haryana Manoharlal Khattar refused to accept her resignation and told the central government to change her cadre. The Indian Express
- Rani Nagar shared a video on her social media account a few days prior to resigning. In the clip, she and her sister, Reema Nagar can be seen revealing about the circumstances they are facing faced.
- According to Rani Nagar, several attack attempts were made on her soon after she filed her resignation. She has shared details about the attempts on her social media account. ET Government
मैं रानी नागर पुत्री श्री रतन सिंह नागर निवासी ग़ाज़ियाबाद गाँव बादलपुर तहसील दादरी ज़िला गौतमबुद्धनगर आप सभी को सूचित…
- After her resignation and continuous attack-attempts on her, her inclination towards Indian National Congress can be seen through her Facebook posts wherein she often shares about INC.
References/Sources: [ + ]