Education: B. Com
Hometown: Mumbai, India
Marital Status: Unmarried
Some Lesser Known Facts About Tanvi Sonigra
- Tanvi Sonigra is an Indian theatre artist who also works in the Indian film industry.
- While growing up in Mumbai, she completed her studies in 2018.
- Tanvi learnt the french language from Alliance Française de Bombay.
- In her Instagram post, Tanvi revealed that she hates wearing skirts.
- In 2014, she joined the theatre and performed in intercollegiate plays and state-level festivals. Tanvi has acted in many productions including Hello Farmaish, A Farming Story, Maati, Mujer, and Margdarshan. She also performed in Niketan Sharma’s play titled Adrak. In nutshell, Tanvi has performed in more than 400 theatrical plays.
- Apart from acting in theatrical dramas, Tanvi worked as a digital content executive at Teen Bandar, which is an advertising agency. In 2017, Tanvi started working as a copywriter and social media manager at Effinglo Official, Mumbai, also an advertising agency.
- In 2014, she paved her way into theatre arts by performing in several intercollegiate plays and state-level festivals. She also acted in a multilingual play called Mujer with the UK-based director Trina Halder.
- Tanvi has been a part of many productions by well-known directors such as Manoj Shah, Kamlesh Mohta, and Abhishek Majumdar. She has also been the stage manager of a number of shows for theatre directors including Sheena Khalid, Puja Sarup, and Niketan Sharma.
- After she graduated from NSD, she performed in an interdisciplinary art show called ‘A Mad Tea Party.’ She attended a physical theatre workshop called Moksha- A Dance Retreat in Nature. In this workshop, she got training from several theatre artists such as Rob Hayden, Clementine Telesfort, and Eleanore PB after which she wrote a solo piece called ‘Rapunzel 2.0.,’ which she also directed.
- From Nov 2019 to April 2020, she worked as the communications manager at The Drama School, Mumbai.
- In 2022, she made her Bollywood debut with Sony LIV’s web series Girls Hostel- season 3 in which she played the role of Vipassana, a first-year dental student, who is one of the new characters that were introduced in this season.
- In 2022, she appeared in a film titled ‘Lailaa Manju,’ which is based on queer love.
- Tanvi also modelled at the Lakme Fashion Week for a brand called The Pot Plant Clothing for their theme ‘Performance Art meets Fashion.’
- She is undergoing a training in Capoeira, an Afro-Brazilian martial art, from the ‘Centre for Capoeira India’ to further her capacity as a performer.
- Tanvi enjoys consuming alcoholic beverages.