Hometown: Ernakulam, Kerela
|Full Name||Rehana Fathima Pyarijaan Sulaiman|
|Profession||Social activist & Model|
|Famous For||Making the first attempt to enter the Ayyuppa temple at Sabrimala, entry to which was earlier restricted for women in menstruating age.|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 170 cm
in meters- 1.70 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 7”
|Debut||Film: EKA (2017)
|Date of Birth||30th May 1986 (Friday)|
|Age (as in 2020)||34 Years|
|School||Government Higher Secondary School, Ernakulam|
|College/University||Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU)|
|Educational Qualification||A Bachelor's degree in Commerce (B.Com)
|Controversies||• Fathima outraged many after posting a brief video on YouTube wherein her kids can be seen painting on her bare-breasted body. The short video displays two children painting a phoenix onto Fathima's torso as she lays on her back. She is wearing just a pair of shorts. Following this, a non-bailable case under the Information Technology Act and the Juvenile Justice Act was registered against Fathima by the Thiruvalla police. Kerala Kaumudi
• In September 2018, after the Supreme Court had allowed women in menstruating age to enter the Ayyupa Sabarimala temple, the Kerala-based activist had made an attempt to do so under heavy police security. However, with a mob of Hindu devotees who were against the verdict of SC, blocked the way and made her attempt unsuccessful. Citing the black garb she had worn for the trek, a complaint had also been filed against her. Later, on November 27, 2018, she was arrested for purportedly hurting religious emotions of people. Times of India
• A year prior to the Sabarimala row, the Kerala-based activist had stirred a controversy by posing topless with watermelons covering her breast and posting a picture of it on social media. She had been part of a 'Bare the Chest' campaign, protesting against a rather derogatory statement by a college professor in Kozhikode who reportedly had compared women's breasts to 'sliced watermelons'.
|Relationships & More|
|Parents||Names Not Known|
Some lesser-known facts about Rehana Fathima
- Rehana Fathima was a part of the ‘Kiss of Love’ movement in 2014. People of Kerela held this movement in Kochi, against the rise of moral policing in Kerela. Fathima, along with her live-in partner, Manoj Sreedharan was leading the Kiss of Love campaign. Manoj Sreedharan posted a video of the kiss on his Facebook handle.
my kiss of love from whatsapp with Rehana Fathima
Manoj K Sreedhar ಅವರಿಂದ ಈ ದಿನದಂದು ಪೋಸ್ಟ್ ಮಾಡಲಾಗಿದೆ ಭಾನುವಾರ, ನವೆಂಬರ್ 16, 2014
- Since her childhood, she has questioned the dogmatic rituals and tenets of different religions. In 2016, she was among the first women to take part in the ‘Ayyanthol Puli Kali,’ a traditional male festive Onam Tiger Dance usually performed by the males.
- In 2017, she acted in a Malayalam film ‘Eka,’ an artwork focused on intersexuality. Reportedly, Eka is inspired by real incidents and is the first Indian movie to have brought out and shown the atrocities against transgenders, transsexuals, LGBT and all the gender minorities. However, the movie is banned in India owing to scenes of nudity, violence and political sensitivity shown in the movie.
- Following the Sabarimala Temple row, the Kerala Muslim Jamaath Council expelled her from the Muslim community for allegedly hurting religious feelings. The Hindu
- In 2018, the Thiruvalla police arrested Fathima for allegedly hurting religious sentiments through her Facebook posts. She stayed behind the bars for 18 days.
- Fathima worked as a government employee in BSNL until March 2020, when she took voluntary retirement from her job as a telecom technician.
- The Kerela-based activist frequently posts obscene pictures on social media.
References/Sources: [ + ]