Age: 61 Years
Marital Status: Widowed
|Famous For||Being the wife of the former Indian cricketer Yashpal Sharma|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- ___ cm
in meters- _.__ m
in feet & inches- _’ _”
|Hair Colour||Salt & Pepper (dyed brown)|
|Date of Birth||Year 1960|
|Age (as of 2021)||61 Years|
|Relationships & More|
|Husband/Spouse||Yashpal Sharma (former Indian cricketer)
|Children||Son- Chirag Sharma
Daughter(s)- Preeti Sharma, Puja Sharma (doctor)
Some Lesser Known Facts About Renu Sharma
- Renu Sharma is the widow of the former Indian cricketer Yashpal Sharma who played for the Indian cricket team during the 1980s.
- Renu’s elder daughter Preeti Sharma is married to Vaibhav Tyagi, a Delhi-based businessman. As of 2021, they live in the US.
- Sharma’s younger daughter Puja Sharma is married to Gaurav Anand, a businessman. Their wedding took place at Eros Hilton Hotel in Delhi on 19 January 2012.
- As of 2021, her son Chirag Sharma is completing his studies in London.
- Her husband, Yashpal Sharma died of a heart attack on 13 July 2021 at the age of 66.
- His last rites were performed on the same day at the Lodhi cremation ground in New Delhi. Among those who attended his funeral were his former teammates like Madan Lal and Chetan Sharma.
- Renu’s husband, Yashpal Sharma, was a vital part of the 1983 World Cup-winning Indian cricket team. He played in all eight matches in the tournament (played by the Indian cricket team). In 1983, the film director, Kabir Khan made a film titled ’83’ based on the story of India’s incredible Cricket World Cup victory that happened in 1983. The role of Yashpal Sharma in the film was played by the Indian theatre actor Jatin Sarna.
- Her husband, Yashpal Sharma, was also one of the members of the selection board who chose the 2011 Indian team that won the World Cup.