|Famous Role||'Gandhari' in the television show 'Mahabharat' (2013)|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 165 cm
in meters- 1.65 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 5”
|Debut||Film: Bhaagte Raho (2018)
TV: Mahabharat (2013)
|Date of Birth||19 May 1996 (Sunday)|
|Age (as in 2020)||24 Years|
|Hometown||Mumbai, Maharastra, India|
|College/University||Zee Institute of Media Arts (ZIMA)|
|Educational Qualification||Bachelor of Arts in film-making YouTube|
|Food Habit||Vegetarian YouTube|
|Relationships & More|
|Parents||Father- Name Not Known
Mother- Rekha Singh Maurya
|Siblings||Brother- Rishabh Deep
|Actor(s)||Ayushmann Khurrana, Vicky Kaushal|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Riya Deepsi
- Riya Deepsi is an actor and model who is an Indian best known for her role as ‘Gandhari’ in the television show ‘Mahabharat’ (2013). She was a protagonist in the show. Afterwards, she appeared in various television series, like Bharat Ka Veer Putra– Maharana Pratap (2015), Razia Sultan (2015), Porus (2017), etc., and made her Bollywood debut with the movie Bhaagte Raho (2018).
- Riya Deepsi spent her childhood in Indore, Madhya Pradesh. Around 2008, her family moved to Mumbai as her father got transferred there.
- Before her debut in Mahabharat, Riya had a brief cameo role in the television series,’ ‘Mata ki Chowki.’
- Before entering the television industry, Riya was a theatre artist. She was a part of the ‘Nadira Babbber’s theatre group’ for a period of four years.
- Riya Deepsi was just 17 years old when she made her debut with the television series, ‘Mahabharat.’ She played the role of a historical figure ‘Gandhari,’ a prominent character of the Indian epic, who was the mother of a hundred sons. Although, she was underage for the character of ‘Gandhari’ she managed to pull it off. Being one of the protagonists of the show led to her immense popularity.
I was like, I was just seventeen and the actors playing my sons were around ten to twelve years elder to me.”
- Her experience in theatre helped her while she was portraying the role of ‘Gandhari,’ in Mahabharat (2013). Riya had to put on a blindfold while shooting for the character of ‘Gandhari’ which restricted her display of expressions. In an interview, she said,
My family and friends think my eyes are the most beautiful feature on my face so covering that was indeed a challenge to me. I had to control every expression through my body language, mostly with my hands. But since I am from a theatre background and have been associated with Nadira Babbber’s group for almost 4 years, I could pull off the act.”
- In 2015, Riya appeared in another historical television series ‘Bharat Ka Veer Putra – Maharana Pratap,’ as ‘Salima Sultan Begum,’ the fourth wife of the Mughal Emperor Akbar. In the same year, she also starred in the period drama serial, ‘Razia Sultan,’ as Fatima
- During 2016, she was part of the show, ‘Begusarai.’ She also took part in BCL (Box Cricket League) season 2 and season 4, an Indian sports reality television show where celebrities are seen competing with each other in an indoor cricket game format. In season 2, she was the player of Chennai Swaggers Box Cricket League Team, and in season 4, she was a player of Goa Killers Box League Team.
- In 2017, she played another prominent role of her career in the show ‘Porus.’ She portrayed the role of ‘Barsine,’ a captive of ‘Alexander the Great.’
- In 2019, she made her digital debut with the web series ‘Be Safe.’ Thereafter, in 2020 she appeared in another web series ‘It Happened in Calcutta.’