|Real Name/Full Name
|Kavi Kumar Azad
|Hathi da, Hathi Bhai
|Dr. Hansraj Hathi (Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah)
|Physical Stats & More
|in centimeters- 165 cm
in meters- 1.65 m
in feet inches- 5’ 5”
|in kilograms- 140 kg
in pounds- 308 lbs
|Date of Birth
|12 May 1972
|Age (at the time of death)
|Sasaram, Bihar, India
|Place of Death
|Wockhardt Hospital, Mumbai
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign
|Sasaram, Bihar, India
|Film: Mela (2000)
|Eating, Watching Cricket Matches
|Girls, Affairs and More
|Names Not Known
|Brother- Ravi (Younger)
|Two Food Outlets in Mumbai
Some Lesser Known Facts About Kavi Kumar Azad
- Does Kavi Kumar Azad smoke?: Not Known
- Does Kavi Kumar Azad drink alcohol?: Not Known
- Kavi Kumar was passionate about acting since his childhood but his parents did not allow him to adopt acting as a profession. Thus he ran away from home to Mumbai to become an actor.
- He used to spend nights on footpaths when he came to Mumbai.
- Kavi Kumar Azad was a comedic actor who started his acting journey with the Aamir Khan starring “Mela” in 2000.
- He started his Television acting career with the role of Jaanbaaz Jadugar in Best of Luck Nikki, an India sitcom in 2008.
- His role of Dr. Hansraj Hathi in the very popular Television show “Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah” made him popular in India.
- In the same show, he played the role of a doctor who is overweight and always loves eating. His character was widely loved by the audience, especially children.
- He was associated with the Television show since 2009.
- Before 2010, he had been suffering from obesity. He used to face difficulties doing anything but with the advice of a doctor, he lost 80 kg weight through bariatric surgery in 2010.
- He passed away on 9 July 2018 due to cardiac arrest. The same day he was supposed to go for the shoot but unfortunately, he breathed his last in the morning at Wockhardt Hospital.
- Before his death, he was unwell for three days. He slipped in the coma on 8th July 2018 at the Wockhardt Hospital and passed away on the very next day.
- Just a few days before his death, he celebrated the completion of 2500 episodes along with Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah team.
- He was a jolly kind of person who was always blissful with everyone.
- His dialogue “Sahi Baat Hai” in the show, is very popular among the audience.
- He used to meet his fans at his food outlet in Mumbai.
- He was a big fan of cricket and as well as Indian cricket team. His IPL favourite team was Mumbai Indians.