Hometown: Basel, Switzerland
Wife: Mirka Federer
Age: 39 Years
Some Lesser Known Facts About Roger Federer
- Does Roger Federer smoke: No
- Does Roger Federer drink alcohol: Yes
- As a child, Roger Federer was a vegetarian. He started eating meat at the age of 14.
- When Federer was 16, he decided to quit school and devote only to tennis.
- After winning the “orange bowl“ against Guillermo Coria in 1998, Roger posted up on his home door an adhesive tape with written on it: “the number one lives here!”
- Federer was appointed as UNICEF’S Goodwill ambassador in the year 2006.
- Roger Federer once won 105 points without an unforced error against John Isner in US OPEN 2007.
- In 2011, Federer was polled as the “2nd most admired and respected person in the world” behind only Nelson Mandela.
- At Shanghai open 2014, Roger Federer completed a service game in 47 seconds against the world number 1 Novak Djokovic. He hit 4 back to back aces.
- There is a street in Halle, where the Gerry Weber tournament is held, called Roger Federer Alley.
- Roger’s sister Diana is also a mother of Twins.
- He founded the Roger Federer Foundation, which promotes sports and education for South African children.
- Roger opposed equal pay for women tennis players.
- The Swiss government recognized him to be the first worthy living man to appear on a Swiss stamp.
- Federer is scared of Roller Coasters.
- The film “Strokes of Genius” showcases Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal‘s lives with their famed 2008 Wimbledon championship, an epic match in the history of tennis. The film was released on 17 December 2019.