Hometown: Basel, Switzerland
Wife: Mirka Federer
Age: 41 Years
|Nickname||Fed-Ex (Federer Express)|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 185 cm
in meters- 1.85 m
in feet- 6'
|Hair Colour||Dark Brown|
|Retired||On 15 September 2022, he announced thatv he would retire after the 2022 Laver Cup. While announcing his retirement, Fedrer said, "I have played more than 1,500 matches over 24 years. Tennis has treated me more generously than I ever would have dreamt, and now I must recognise when it's time to end my competitive career. The Laver Cup next week in London will be my final ATP event. I will play more tennis in the future, of course, but just not in Grand Slams or on the tour." The Hindu|
|Career Titles||• 103 (singles)
• 8 (doubles)
|Grand Slam Titles||20|
|Nature on field||Cool
|Achievements (main ones)||• Holds the record of winning 4 consecutive Wimbledon and US open titles.
• Winner of 17 Grand slams.
• 88 singles career titles.
• He achieved the no. 1 ranking in February 2004
• He has won 1080 games in his career while losing only 245
|Career Turning Point||After winning his first singles title in 2001 there was no looking back for Federer|
|Date of Birth||8 August 1981|
|Age (as of 2022)||41 Years|
|School||Dropped out at the age of 16|
|Family||Father- Robert Federer (Switzerland)
Mother- Lynette Du Rand (South Africa)
|Hobbies||Golf, Skiing, Music, Playing cards, Playstation|
|Controversies||• Roger Federer was once accused of fixing a Wimbledon final match against Nadal, which he lost. Federer justified this by saying that he had only advised his businessman friend to put money on him and since he lost ,there was no point of fixing.
• Federer once released a statement opposing women tennis players' equal pay, this invited unwanted outrage.
|Tennis player||Pete Sampras|
|Food||Italian and Japanese cuisines|
|Film||Gladiator, James Bond film series|
|Girls, Family & More|
|Children||4 (twin daughters and twin sons)
|Cars Collection||Mercedes Benz SLS AMG Roadster|
|Net Worth||$350 Million|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Roger Federer
- Does Roger Federer smoke: No
- Does Roger Federer drink alcohol: Yes
- As a child, Roger Federer was a vegetarian. He started eating meat at the age of 14.
- When Federer was 16, he decided to quit school and devote only to tennis.
- After winning the “orange bowl“ against Guillermo Coria in 1998, Roger posted up on his home door an adhesive tape with written on it: “the number one lives here!”
- Federer was appointed as UNICEF’S Goodwill ambassador in the year 2006.
- Roger Federer once won 105 points without an unforced error against John Isner in US OPEN 2007.
- In 2011, Federer was polled as the “2nd most admired and respected person in the world” behind only Nelson Mandela.
- At Shanghai open 2014, Roger Federer completed a service game in 47 seconds against the world number 1 Novak Djokovic. He hit 4 back to back aces.
- There is a street in Halle, where the Gerry Weber tournament is held, called Roger Federer Alley.
- Roger’s sister Diana is also a mother of Twins.
- He founded the Roger Federer Foundation, which promotes sports and education for South African children.
- Roger opposed equal pay for women tennis players.
- The Swiss government recognized him to be the first worthy living man to appear on a Swiss stamp.
- Federer is scared of Roller Coasters.
- The film “Strokes of Genius” showcases Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal‘s lives with their famed 2008 Wimbledon championship, an epic match in the history of tennis. The film was released on 17 December 2019.