Shradha Sharma (YourStory) Age, Biography, Husband, Family, Facts & More
Hometown: Patna, Bihar
Age: 38 Years
|Real Name||Shradha Sharma|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 163 cm
in meters- 1.63 m
in feet inches- 5’ 4”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 60 kg
in pounds- 132 lbs
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Date of Birth||6 July 1980|
|Age (as in 2018)||38 Years|
|Birth Place||Patna, Bihar, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Cancer|
|Hometown||Patna, Bihar, India|
|College||St. Stephens College, Delhi
|Educational Qualification||Masters in History from St. Stephens College, Delhi
An MBA from MICA Ahmedabad
|Family||Father- Name Not Known (A Merchant Navey Personnel)
Mother- Name Not Known (Homemaker)
|Hobbies||Reading, Writing, Travelling|
|Awards/Achievements||• In 2010, awarded with Villgro Journalist of the Year Award for her coverage of startups.
• In 2015, listed amongst 500 LinkedIn Influencers across the world. The same year, received L’Oreal Paris Femina Award’ for online influence.
• In 2016, received PAT Memorial Outstanding Alumnus Award. The same year, received LinkedIn's most viewed CEOs under Internet category.
|Favourite Businessman||Ratan Tata|
|Boys, Affairs and More|
|Net Worth||Not Known|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Shradha Sharma
- Does Shradha Sharma smoke?: Not Known
- Does Shradha Sharma drink alcohol?: Not Known
- She is the founder and CEO of YourStory.
- She was born in a modest family in Patna, Bihar.
- Her mother is a descendant of Mangal Pandey (soldier involved with the 1st war of Indian Independence).
- During her school days, she was a topper in her class and very active in the elocution and debate society.
- Her father was educated in England and was a topper too.
- Her father was an alcoholic, and he would break things at night in anger.
- While pursuing a Master’s Degree in History at the St Stephen’s College in Delhi, she met her future husband Gaurav, who was pursuing his Master’s in Mathematics. They had a court marriage at 23.
- A few years ago, her mother died as she was badly burnt while cooking.
- Before starting YourStory in 2008, she worked as an Assistant Vice President at CNBC TV18.
- Shradha has also worked as a Brand Adviser at Times of India.
- The idea to start YourStory came into her mind while she was working at the CNBC TV18.
- While working with the channel, she started YourStory as a blog at one night. She knew the business practices used in newspapers and TV channels and applied those to YourStory.
- With the exception of 2 people (who were not abiding the office rules and work ethics) she asked to leave, everyone has stayed with YourStory since the beginning.
- The first person to join YourStory was Vallabh. He was a college dropout. Shradha gave him his 1st salary in the form of 1500 INRs. She says about Vallabh- “Had he not been there, the site would have died a slow death.”
- YourStory has been described as “India’s biggest platform for start-ups and entrepreneurs-related stories.”
- In January 2019, she got a chance to interview the Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- YourStory has also received investments from Vani Kola, T V Mohandas Pai, Ratan Tata, etc.
- YourStory provides entrepreneurship stories in 12 different languages.
- Here’s the story behind YourStory in the words of Shradha Sharma: