Some Lesser Known Facts About Novak Djokovic
- Does Novak Djokovic smoke: No
- Does Novak Djokovic drink alcohol: Yes
- Novak Djokovic is the only player who can claim to have beaten both Federer and Nadal in the same tournament on 3 different occasions (Montreal 2007, Indian Wells 2011 and US Open 2011).
- Djokovic was a part of the longest men’s singles Grand Slam finals where he defeated Rafael Nadal in five sets at the the 2012 Australian Open. The match lasted 5 hours 53 minutes.
- Novak Djokovic is the first player ever to win three consecutive Australian Open titles.
- Djokovic is the first male player representing Serbia to have won a Grand Slam title.
- Djokovic holds the best match winning rate at (83.33%) on hard courts and is the only player in the Open Era to win the first three masters in a year.
- Novak Djokovic loves Pizza but cannot have it as he is allergic to Gluten.
- Djokovic can speak 4 different languages viz. Serbian, English, Italian & German.
- Djokovic drinks only warm water; he says that cold water inhibits blood flow.
- A Serbian rock band known as ‘Zona B’ titled one of their songs ‘The Joker’ dedicated to Djokovic.
- Djokovic is the youngest player ever to have reached the semifinals of all 4 Grand Slams consecutively.
- Novak is the only player to win eight of the nine ATP Masters 1000 tournament events at least once.
- Djokovic is inseparable from his pet ‘Poodle Pierre’. He takes his pet with him wherever possible, even for his tennis matches.
- Djokovic has a weird habit of eating grass after winning every match at Wimbledon.
📢⚡TRENDING: Watch the biography of REAL "Gully Boy" - Naezy⚡