|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 188 cm
in meters- 1.88 m
in feet- 6' 2"
|Hair Colour||Dark Brown|
|International Debut||Turned pro in 2003
|Nature on field||Aggressive
|Favourite Shot||Forehand down the line|
|Achievements (main ones)||• 15 Grand Slam titles.
• Achieved the No.1 ranking in July 2011.
|Career Turning Point||After defeating Andy Murray at the Australian Open 2011 finals, there was no looking back for Novak Djokovic. He went on to win 10 Grand Slam titles after this victory.|
|Date of Birth||22 May 1987|
|Age (as in 2020)||34 Years|
|Family||Father- Srdan Djokovic (Montenegro)
Mother- Dijana Djokovic (Croatia)
|Hobbies||Skiing, Horse riding, Music|
|Controversies||• Like Federer, Djokovic also said that he was against equal pay for women tennis players thus inviting outrage.
• On 2 February 2020, after winning the Australian Open Final against Dominic Thiem, Djokovic attracted $20,000 fine for touching the chair umpire during a heated exchange in the second set of the Australian Open final. The rules state: "Players shall not at any time physically abuse any official, opponent, spectator or another person within the precincts of the tournament site. Violation of this section shall subject a player to a fine up to [$30,000] for each violation." ABC
• On 6 September 2020, he was disqualified in the U.S. Open fourth round after he hit a line judge with a ball following a point during the first set of his match against Spain's Pablo Carreno Busta. The Hindu
|Tennis player||Pete Sampras|
|Girls, Family & More|
|Cars Collection||Mercedes Benz, Audi|
|Net Worth (approx.)||$90 Million|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Novak Djokovic
- Does Novak Djokovic smoke: No
- Does Novak Djokovic drink alcohol: Yes
- Novak Djokovic is the only player who can claim to have beaten both Federer and Nadal in the same tournament on 3 different occasions (Montreal 2007, Indian Wells 2011, and US Open 2011).
- Djokovic was a part of the longest men’s singles Grand Slam finals where he defeated Rafael Nadal in five sets at the 2012 Australian Open. The match lasted 5 hours 53 minutes.
- Novak Djokovic is the first player ever to win three consecutive Australian Open titles.
- Djokovic is the first male player representing Serbia to have won a Grand Slam title.
- Djokovic holds the best match winning rate at (83.33%) on hard courts and is the only player in the Open Era to win the first three masters in a year.
- Novak Djokovic loves Pizza but cannot have it as he is allergic to Gluten.
- Djokovic can speak 4 different languages viz. Serbian, English, Italian & German.
- Djokovic drinks only warm water; he says that cold water inhibits blood flow.
- A Serbian rock band known as ‘Zona B’ titled one of their songs ‘The Joker’ dedicated to Djokovic.
- Djokovic is the youngest player ever to have reached the semifinals of all 4 Grand Slams consecutively.
- Novak is the only player to win eight of the nine ATP Masters 1000 tournament events at least once.
- Djokovic is inseparable from his pet ‘Poodle Pierre’. He takes his pet with him wherever possible, even for his tennis matches.
- Djokovic has a weird habit of eating grass after winning every match at Wimbledon.
- On 6 September 2020, during a match against Spain’s Pablo Carreno Busta in the U.S. Open, he accidentally hit a ball at a line judge in a moment of frustration. The line judge, identified as Laura Clark from Owensboro, Kentucky, collapsed to the floor after the ball hit her in the throat. Although a horrified Djokovic ran over to her and apologized, he was overheard to say –
she doesn’t have to go to hospital for this.”
Later, after a 10-minute discussion, Djokovic was disqualified and kicked out of the event under tournament rules. The Grand Slam rules state:
Players shall not at any time physically abuse any official, opponent, spectator or other person within the precincts of the tournament site. The referee, in consultation with the Grand Slam chief of supervisors may declare a default for either a single violation of this code.”
References/Sources: [ + ]