|Real Name||Sajal Chakraborty|
|Profession||Civil Servant (Retd. IAS)|
|Designations (Important Ones)||• Chief Secretary of Jharkhand (30 May 2014- 30 December 2016)
• Former Deputy commissioner (Chaibasa, Jharkhand)
• Additional Secretary in Tourism Department
• Secretary of the Relief and Rehabilitation Department
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 170 cm
in meters- 1.7 m
in feet inches- 5’ 7”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 150 kg
in pounds- 330 lbs
|Date of Birth||19 March 1956|
|Age (as in 2017)||61 Years|
|Birth Place||Ranchi, Jharkhand|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Pisces|
|Address||Kokar & Dhurwa (Ranchi, Jharkhand)|
|School||St Xaviers School, Ranchi|
|College||Rashtriaya Indian Military College (RIMC)|
|Controversies||• Sajal Chakraborty had been convicted by a Trial Court in the alleged fodder scam, which includes propagation of 39.9 crore rupees from Chaibasa treasury, while only 4.09 crores rupee were allocated for the project. The money got propagated in the form of 580 fake vouchers and 4789 fake supply orders in the financial year 1993-1994. However, he was acquitted by the court in the year 2008.
• On 14 November 2017, he was found convicted in Fodder Scam by a Special CBI Court and the court had pronounced the quantum Sentence on 21 November 2017. He was also accused of accepting a laptop from fodder suppliers to remain silent over the fraudulent withdrawals from the treasury.
• 45 people were found convicted in this scam, including two Former Cheif Ministers Lalu Prasad Yadav and Jagannath Mishra.
|Family||Father- Name not Known (Army)
Mother- Name not Known
Brother- Name not known (Army)
|Wife/Spouse||2 (Names not Known)|
|Pets||Monkeys, Horses, Dogs & Birds
|Salary||90,000 INR /month|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Sajal Chakraborty
- Does Sajal Chakraborty Smoke?: Not Known
- Does Sajal Chakraborty drink Alcohol?: Not Known
- Sajal Chakraborty is a 1980 batch Jharkhand-Cadre IAS officer. He was counted among top 10 IAS officers of Jharkhand during his working tenure.
- He had been suspended for Four years following his conviction in fodder scam in the year 2008 and later on he was acquitted by the Jharkhand High Court in the year 2012.
- One of his old friends says that he had a passion for good food and flamboyant life but he was never hankering for money. His friend mentioned that hearing about his involvement in the fodder scam and accepting a laptop as bribe sounds tragic comedy for him also hard to believe.
- In 2008, he has been admitted to Rajendra Institute of Medical Sciences as he got fainted in the court while being pronounced guilty. Even for the succeeding pronounced date, Chakraborty was brought to the court in an ambulance and was produced before the judge on a stretcher.
- He is suffering from plethora of medical problems like- Diabetes, Obesity, Low blood pressure & Heart attack.
- The government of Jharkhand also issued a notice to this ex-chief secretary for his violent-gestures as he had shouted at the CM, threatened to walk out, made violent gestures and also broke the microphone in between the meeting.
- Here is the complete story behind multi-crore fodder scam.
- Here is the media coverage report on the pronounced conviction of Mr. Chakraborty.
📢⚡TRENDING: List of ICC World Cup Winners (1975-2015)