Sanchari Vijay Age, Death, Wife, Family, Biography & More
|Real name||Vijay Kumar Basavarajaiah Kalinga TV|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 170 cm
in meters- 1.70 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 7”
|Debut||Film (Kannada): Rangappa Hogbitna (2011) in cameo role
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||• 62nd National Film Award for Best Actor in the Kannada film ‘Naanu Avanalla…Avalu’ (2015)
• Award for the recognition in the field of entertainment in ‘Kannadiga’ hosted by News18 (2018)
|Date of Birth||18 July 1983 (Monday)|
|Birthplace||Panchanahalli, Kadur, Chikmagalur, Karnataka|
|Date of Death||14 June 2021|
|Place of Death||The Institute of Neuroscience, Apollo Hospitals, Bannerghatta Road, Bangalore|
|Age (at the time of death)||38 Years|
|Death Cause||Road Accident First Post|
|Hometown||Panchanahalli, Kadur, Chikmagalur, Karnataka|
|Educational Qualification(s)||• Graduation in Engineering
• Diploma in Computer Science Deccan Chronicle
|Relationships & More|
|Marital Status (at the time of death)||Not Known|
|Parents||Father- Basavarajaiah (actor)
Mother- Gwramma (folk singer)
|Siblings||Brother- Siddesh Kumar
|Actor(s)||Jack Nicholson and Al Pacino|
|Film(s)||‘One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest’ (1975), ‘The Shining’ (1980), and ‘The Bucket List’ (2007)|
|Food||Raggi Mudde & Bassaru (Curry), Chapati & Ennegayi Palya, Chitranna, and Uppittu|
|Singer||Rahat Fateh Ali Khan|
|Music Genre(s)||Sufi and Hindustani Music|
|Song(s)||‘Blood On The Dance Floor’ and ‘Dangerous’ (by Michael Jackson)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Sanchari Vijay
- Sanchari Vijay was an Indian actor who worked in films of various languages including Kannada, Telugu, Tamil, and Hindi.
- After completing his graduation, he started working as a lecturer in college.
- Later, he shifted to Bangalore and joined a theatre group ‘Sanchari.’
- Vijay acted in many Kannada films, including ‘Harivu’ (2014), ‘Naanu Avanalla…Avalu’ (2015), ‘Allama’ (2017), and ‘Gentleman’ (2020).
- At the time of his demise in 2021, two of his films ‘Aatakuntu Lekakilla’ and ‘Melobba Mayavi’ were under post-production.
- During an interview, he talked about making his career as an actor. He said,
I had never imagined that I will end up being an actor. Yes, I did have some qualities like enacting my favourite roles after watching a film or a drama, but all of this was in the past, as later, I started getting serious about education. Even while studying, my friends would notice my acting skills. I worked as a lecturer, and when the college shifted to a far off location, I quit. Then a friend insisted that I join theatre.”
- In an interview, he talked about the most challenging scene he did in the Kannada film ‘Naanu Avanalla…Avalu’ (2015). He said,
There is a scene where crude and illegal surgery is performed. It is done in real life too in Kadapa (a small city in Andhra Pradesh). That was really challenging to perform. But the Censor Board removed the scene.”
- In his leisure time, he loved doing painting, calligraphy, reading books, and travelling.
- During an interview, while talking about his inspiration, Sanchari said,
My biggest inspiration is Dr Rajkumar. Despite being such a big actor, he was always humble. He was a perfect example of how a person should be. Whatever the role was, he would immerse himself in it and go out of the way to do justice to the role, even if the process was risky. Dr Rajkumar is a true inspiration to all actors like me. He was a versatile artist as he also used to sing beautifully.”
- Sanchari was trained by guru Kumar Kanavi in Hindustani music.
- He was a dog lover and had posted various pictures of dogs on his Instagram account.
View this post on Instagram
- On 14 June 2021, Vijay passed away in a road accident, and the news was confirmed by his brother. He said,
The brain stem has stopped functioning, so we have decided to donate his organs. Vijay always believed in serving society, which we are fulfilling by donating his organs.”
- The famous Indian actor Sudeep tweeted on Sanchari’s demise,
Very very disheartening to accept that Sanchari Vijay breathed his last. Met him a couple of times just bfr this lockdown,,,, all excited about his nxt film,, tats due for release. Very sad. Deepest Condolences to his family and friends. RIP”
- The Indian comedian Danish Sait took to Twitter to share his condolence,
How unfortunate is this, I just saw an article saying he was in the ICU, and now I read this. My condolences to Mr. Sanchari Vijay’s family and friends. Rest in peace sir, your contribution to cinema will live forever.”