|Profession(s)||Former Banker, Business Executive|
|Famous for||Being the vice president and head of Meta India (previously Facebook)|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 161 cm
in meters- 1.61 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 3”
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Hair Colour||Dark Brown|
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||• CEEMEA Top Performer Award for the Citibank India Portal Project by Citibank (2002)
• Awarded Best Customer Retention Team Award by Citi Global Cards in the Philippines (2006)
• Received Asia Pacific Award for The Promising Young Banker by The Asian Banker (2014)
• Listed in Singapore Women in Tech 100 list (2021)
|Date of Birth||Year 1976|
|Age (as of 2022)||46 Years|
|Birthplace||Andhra Pradesh, India|
|Hometown||Andhra Pradesh, India|
|College/University||• Andhra University, Visakhapatnam
• Faculty of Management Studies – University of Delhi
• Saïd Business School, University of Oxford
|Educational Qualification(s)||• B. Tech in Chemical Engineering (1994-1998) from Andhra University, Visakhapatnam
• MBA (1998-2000) from the Faculty of Management Studies – University of Delhi
• A one-year course in Leadership (2014) from Saïd Business School, University of Oxford Sandhya Devanathan - LinkedIn
|Relationships & More|
|Husband/Spouse||Amit Ray (businessman)
|Children||She has a son.
Some Lesser Known Facts About Sandhya Devanathan
- Sandhya Devanathan is an Indian business executive and former banker who is known for being the Vice President of Meta India, the parent company of Facebook.
- She grew up in a middle-class family in Andhra Pradesh.
- In her college days, she actively took part in tech fests, elocution, and debate competitions.
- In 2000, Sandhya joined Citibank, an American multinational investment bank and financial services corporation, as a Webmaster & Product Manager of Citibank online and e-business team.
- After three years, she started working as Product Head of Personal Loans in the company.
- In 2005, she got selected for the excel leadership program of the company and moved to the Philippines to work as the Assistant Vice President of Portfolio Management & Customer Retention of credit cards.
- The following year, Devanathan moved to the United States to work as the Vice President of the offshore segment of customer franchise management.
- In 2007, Sandhya was promoted to the position of the Director of the International Consumer Lending Group at Citi bank.
- A year later, she was elected as the Director of sales performance management at International Retail Bank. She worked in the position for a year and resigned from the firm in December 2009.
- In 2009, Sandhya joined Standard Chartered Bank in Singapore as the Global Head of cross-selling and pricing.
- After three years of exceptional service in the company, Devanathan was appointed as the Managing Director and Head of the credit cards and unsecured loans.
- In 2014, she was appointed as the Managing Director of retail banking and payment products. She worked as the Managing Director for around a year and then resigned from the company in 2015.
- Sandhya joined The Facebook Company (now called Meta) in 2016 as the Group Director. Six months later, she was appointed as the Country Managing Director of Singapore and Business Head of Vietnam.
- Meanwhile, she served on the advisory board of the Women’s Forum for the Economy and Society.
- She has also served on the boards of organisations like Pepper Financial Services Group, the National Library Board (Singapore), Singapore Management University, and the Ministry of Information and Communications (Singapore).
- In 2020, she became the vice president of Asia Pacific Gaming at Meta.
- Sandhya was appointed as the vice president and head of Meta India on 17 November 2022, two weeks after the former India head at Meta Ajit Mohan resigned from the firm. She will assume the role from 1 January 2023. Welcoming Sandhya to her new position, Meta chief business officer Marne Levine issued a statement which read,
I’m pleased to welcome Sandhya as our new leader for India. Sandhya has a proven track record of scaling businesses, building exceptional and inclusive teams, driving product innovation and building strong partnerships. We are thrilled to have her lead Meta’s continued growth in India.”
- As of 2022, she is based in Singapore.
- Sandhya is fluent in four languages- Hindi, English, Tamil, and Telugu.