Sandhya Shekar Height, Age, Boyfriend, Husband, Children, Family, Biography & More
Hometown: Udupi, Karnataka
Boyfriend: Vikas Vasudev
Education: MBA In Finance And Marketing
|Full Name||Sandhya Shekar Grazia India|
|Profession||Makeup Artist and Hairstylist|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 160 cm
in meters- 1.60 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 3”
|Debut||TV: Did Makeup and Hairstyle for a MTV promo in 2015
Magazine: First Fashion editorial for Grazia in 2015
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||Won 'Vogue India beauty award 2018' in the category of "Best Makeup Artist of the Year'
Won Elle Artist of the Year in 2016
|Date of Birth||11 June|
|Age (as of 2020)||Not Known|
|College/University||• International School of Business & Media (MBA)
• London School of Beauty & Makeup (1 month course)
• Nahush Pise (makeup and hairstyle course)
|Educational Qualification||MBA in finance and marketing Linkedin|
|Food Habit||Non-Vegetarian Instagram
|Hobbies||Listening to classical music, gardening|
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||Vikas Vasudev (photogapher)
|Parents||Father- Name Not Known
Mother- Name Not Known
|Siblings||Sister- Soumya Prashant (Counselor)
|Food||Tibetan food, Pizza, Fish, Bacon|
|Makeup Artist||Indian: Deepa Verma, Anil Chinnappa
American: Billy B Brasfield
Some Lesser Known Facts About Sandhya Shekar
- Sandhya Shekar is an Indian celebrity makeup artist and hairstylist, who is famously known for her signature no-makeup looks, where she tries to achieve natural looks with her makeup skills on her clients.
- She worked as a banker in Yes bank for 1 year in Bangalore before she became a makeup artist. She got bored with her corporate job and convinced her parents for 2 months to leave her corporate job to make makeup artist as her career. Her parents didn’t want her to leave her job at Yes Bank. It was on her birthday in the year 2005, when she finally got tired of convincing her parents and walked out of her home to be a professional makeup artist. In an interview with the magazine Grazia, she said,
I quit my job at a banking firm and then researched where I wanted to do my make-up course. Then, I pretty much left everything and dived straight into it.
- Being a child she was always infatuated with her mother’s makeup, she stole her mother’s makeup kit and hid away from her mother to put makeup on herself.
- She always had an interest in makeup but never knew that being a makeup artist is not only constrained to local beauty parlours but can be a serious high paying career.
- When she started her career as a makeup artist, the first person she met and got inspired by their work was of Sithara Kudige (makeup artist). Sandhya Shekar and Sithara Kudige are still close friends.
- Before being a famous celebrity makeup artist, during her early days in her career, she used to do makeup and hairstyle of brides to earn her living. In an interview with the magazine Grazia, she said,
Initially, I knew a hair and make-up artist back in Bangalore, so I did a short course under him. Then, I went to the London School of Beauty and Make-Up for a one-month course. I came back to Bombay and did another professional course with Nahush Pise. I still try to do courses every year or attend short masterclasses, trade shows and exhibitions.
- Her big break into the field of makeup was when she got to do makeup and hair for a promo shoot for MTV.
- She was the judge of Face Awards 2018, and Face Awards 2017 which was organized by Nyx Cosmetics India. She was also invited by ELLE to give a makeup masterclass for them.
- She has worked with many A-rated Bollywood celebrities such as Deepika Padukone, Katrina Kaif, Anushka Sharma, Kangana Ranaut, Jacqueline Fernandes, Aditi Rao Hydari, Parineeti Chopra.
- She is the makeup artist of Deepika Padukone and has done her makeup for various reputed events such as the Cannes Film Festival and the Met Gala and magazines like Elle India, Vogue India. She also did Deepika Padukone’s wedding makeup. In an interview with the magazine Grazia, she said,
Doing Deepika Padukone’s makeup for this year’s MET Gala. It’s every make-up artist’s dream to work on the Oscars or the MET Gala. And I’m very privileged and grateful that I got that chance this year.
- She has worked with a few famous international makeup artists and hairdressers. She assisted Laurent Philippon (french hairdresser) at New York Fashion Week 2020 and have worked with Roshar (LA-based makeup artist).
- She has worked with various famous magazines like Vogue, Elle, Harper’s Bazaar, Grazia, GQ, Marie Claire, Cosmopolitan, etc. She has also done many print campaigns and television commercials.
- She is an active person and is generally seen participating in physical activities. In 2015, she participated in Standard Chartered Mumbai Marathon and won a medal to complete half marathon even though she was sick.