|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 165 cm
in meters- 1.65 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 5”
|Date of Birth||Year 1991|
|Age (as of 2021)||30 Years|
|School||• Model High School, Aurangabad, Maharashtra (upto class 10)
• B.K. Birla College of Arts, Science & Commerce, Kalyan, Maharashtra (class 11-class 12) Latestly
|College/University||• University of Mumbai, Maharashtra
• Michigan Technological University, USA
|Educational Qualification(s)||• Bachelor's in Mechanical Engineering (2007-2011)
• Master's in Mechanical Engineering (2011-2012) LinkedIn- Sanjal Gavande
|Relationships & More|
|Parents||Father- Ashok Gavande (retired employee of the Kalyan-Dombivli Municipal Corporation, Mumbai)
Mother- Surekha (retired MTNL employee)
Some Lesser Known Facts About Sanjal Gavande
- Sanjal Gavande is a mechanical engineer. She is one of the engineers to work on Jeff Bezos space rocket ‘New Shephard’ in 2021.
- In 2013, she started working as a design analysis intern at Mercury Marine in the USA, and later, she was promoted there as the Design Analysis Engineer.
- In 2016, she received an Instrument Rated Private Pilot license issued by the Federal Aviation Administration, USA. In an interview, her mother said that after getting her license in 2016, she applied for a job at NASA, US, but she was not selected due to some citizenship issues.
- She started working as a Mechanical Design Engineer at Toyota Racing Development, USA, in January 2017.
- She has also worked at The Ninety-Nines, Inc., an International Organization of Women Pilots, as a part-time employee from 2019 to 2021.
- She got a Commercial Aircraft Pilot license in 2020 which was issued by the Federal Aviation Administration, USA.
- In April 2021, she joined Blue Origin in Seattle, Washington, the United States, as a Systems Engineer. She was one of the key persons to work on Jeff Bezos space rocket ‘New Shephard’ manufactured by Blue Origin’s. In an interview, while talking about it, said,
I am really happy that my childhood dream is about to come true. I am proud to be a part of Team Blue Origin.”
- During an interview, while talking about Sanjal, her mother said,
People told us that she is a girl, so why has she opted for mechanical engineering? I also thought sometimes about whether she would be able to handle such hard work. She has now made us all proud. She had a dream of design aerospace rockets and she has achieved it.”