|Real Name||Jeffrey Preston Jorgensen|
|Profession||Technology and Retail Entrepreneur, Investor, and Philanthropist|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 173 cm
in meters- 1.73 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 8”
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 75 kg
in Pounds- 165 lbs
|Eye Color||Light Brown|
|Hair Color||White (Semi-Bald)|
|Date of Birth||12 January 1964|
|Age (as in 2018)||54 Years|
|Birth Place||Albuquerque, New Mexico, U.S.|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Capricorn|
|Hometown||New Mexico, U.S. (resides in Seattle, Washington)|
|School(s)||River Oaks Elementary School, Houston, Texas, United States
Miami Palmetto High School, Florida, United States
|College/University||Princeton University, New Jersey, United States|
|Educational Qualification||Bachelor of Science (B.S.) from Princeton University|
|Family||Father- Ted Jorgensen,
Miguel Mike Bezos (step)
Mother- Jacklyn Bezos
Sister- Christina Bezos
Brother- Mark Bezos
|Hobbies||Playing Golf and Tennis|
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Marital Status||Separated (on January 9, 2019)|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||MacKenzie S. Tuttle (Novelist; 1992-2019)
Lauren Sanchez (Journalist; 2018-present)
|Wife||MacKenzie Bezos (Novelist)
|Marriage Date||Year 1993|
Daughter- 1 (adopted from China)
|Net Worth||$131 billion (as in 2018)|
|Cars Collection||1996 Honda Accord, 1988 Chevrolet Blazer|
|Jet Collection||Dassault Falcon 900 EX|
|House/Estate||Three linked apartments located in the Century, which is known as the landmark art deco tower on Manhattan's Central Park West
12,000 square feet Beverly Hills Mansion
29,000 square feet Medina mansion in Lake Washington
Some Lesser Known Facts About Jeff Bezos
- Does Jeff Bezos smoke?: Not Known
- Does Jeff Bezos drink alcohol?: Not Known
- He was born to Jacklyn and Ted Jorgensen in New Mexico.
- When Jeff was born, his mother was just 17 years old and was still in High School.
- Jacklyn and Ted separated just after a year of their marriage.
- When Jeff was just 4 years old, Jacklyn married her 2nd husband, Miguel “Mike” Bezos, a Cuban who immigrated to the US alone at the age of 15. After the marriage, he adopted Jeff legally and took the responsibility to raise him.
- After the wedding, the family moved to Houston (Texas).
- During his childhood, he developed an interest in computers from his grandfather, Lawrence Preston Gise, who worked as Regional Director at the U.S. Atomic Energy Commission.
- From a young age, Jeff started displaying technological proficiencies and scientific interests.
- He was always inventing something- hovercraft, a Solar Cooker, a Robot, an Electric Alarm, etc. He invented an Electric Alarm as a security to keep his siblings out of his room.
- His first job was with Fitel, a startup telecom company. He worked there for two years. Later, he worked at Bankers Trust and D.E. Shaw, an investment management firm on Wall Street.
- Jeff and MacKenzie have 3 sons including 1 daughter. Their daughter is adopted from China.
- He quit his job at D.E. Shaw to start Amazon.com. Jeff rented a house and started working from his garage with his 1st employee Shel Kaphan.
- He named Amazon.com after the Mighty South American River and arrow in the logo of Amazon indicates that customers can buy anything from a to z on the site.
- He believes working with a small team and has devised a rule called “Two Pizza Rule”: if a team cannot be fed with two pizzas, it’s too large.
- He is, in fact, a frugal and showed his frugality early on when he founded Amazon.com from his garage, as he turned a wooden door into a table.
- He is considered a generous donor too, as he donated $2.5 for a same-sex marriage cause in Washington when one of his employees, Jennifer Cast asked for about $100,000 donation.
- In 2003, he almost encountered a fatal accident, as he had a helicopter accident that gave him minor head lacerations.
- In his childhood, Jeff had an immense interest in aerospace and in 2000 he realized his dream when he started a Space company, Blue Origin, LCC. The vision of this company is to bring down the cost of Space travel so everyone can go into Space.
- In 2018, he became the first person to top $100 billion as number one on the Forbes list of the World’s Billionaires.
- In March 2018, he made headlines when he stepped out to take his robotic dog (called SpotMini) for a walk.
- Here’s a detailed conversation with Jeff Bezos: