Age: 56 Years
Hometown: New Mexico, U.S.
Girlfriend: Lauren Sanchez
|Birth name||Jeffrey Preston Jorgensen|
|Profession(s)||Technology and Retail Entrepreneur, Investor, and Philanthropist|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 173 cm
in meters- 1.73 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 8”
|Eye Color||Light Brown|
|Hair Color||Gray (Semi-bald)|
|Date of Birth||January 12, 1964 (Sunday)|
|Age (as in 2020)||56 Years|
|Birthplace||Albuquerque, New Mexico, U.S.|
|Hometown||New Mexico, U.S. (resides in Seattle, Washington)|
|School||• River Oaks Elementary School, Houston, Texas, United States
• Miami Palmetto High School, Florida, United States
|College/University||Princeton University, New Jersey, United States|
|Educational Qualification||Bachelor of Science (B.S.) from Princeton University|
|Religion||Jeff Bezos has never disclosed any details of his religious belief. The public record is similarly lacking. INSIDER|
|Hobbies||He loves to glide in a submarine in the search of old NASA rockets and often brings his kids along for the adventure. BUSINESS INSIDER|
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||• MacKenzie S. Tuttle (Novelist; 1992-2019)
• Lauren Sanchez (Journalist; 2018-present)
|Marriage Date||Year 1993|
|Wife/Spouse||MacKenzie Bezos (Novelist)
Daughter- 1 (adopted from China)
|Parents||Father- Ted Jorgensen,
Miguel Mike Bezos (step)
Mother- Jacklyn Bezos
|Siblings||Sister- Christina Bezos
Brother- Mark Bezos (works for the New York based anti-poverty organisation Robin Hood)
|TV Show||Star Trek|
|Food||Octopus with potatoes, Bacon, Green Garlic Yogurt BUSINESS INSIDER|
|Car Collection||• 1996 Honda Accord
• 1988 Chevrolet Blazer
|Jet Collection||Dassault Falcon 900 EX|
|Assets/Properties||• Three linked apartments located in the Century, which is known as the landmark art deco tower on Manhattan's Central Park West
• 12,000 square feet Beverly Hills Mansion
• 29,000 square feet Medina Mansion in Lake Washington
|Net Worth (approx.)||$113 billion (as in April 2020) Forbes|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Jeff Bezos
- He was born to Jacklyn and Ted Jorgensen in New Mexico.
- When Jeff was born, his mother was just 17 years old and was still in high school.
- Jeff’s parents, Jacklyn and Ted, separated just after a year of their marriage.
- When Jeff was just four years old, Jacklyn got married to Miguel “Mike” Bezos, a Cuban who immigrated to the United States alone at the age of 15. After the marriage, he adopted Jeff legally and took the responsibility to raise him.
- After the wedding, the family moved to Houston (Texas) where Jeff spent most of his childhood and developed a close bond with his grandfather.
- During his childhood, he developed an interest in computers from his grandfather, Lawrence Preston Gise, who worked as Regional Director at the U.S. Atomic Energy Commission.
- From a young age, Jeff started displaying technological proficiencies and scientific interests.
- The young Jeff was always inventing something- hovercraft, a solar cooker, a robot, an electric alarm, etc. Once, he invented an electric alarm to keep his siblings out of his room.
- He was considered a brilliant student at his school and was his high school’s valedictorian.
- His first job was with Fitel, a startup telecom company. He worked there for two years. Later, he worked at ‘Bankers Trust’ and ‘D.E. Shaw,’ an investment management firm on Wall Street.
- While working at D.E. Shaw, he fell in love with Mackenzie Sheri Tuttle who was his colleague.
- In 1994, he quit his job at D.E. Shaw to start Amazon.com. Jeff rented a house and started working from his garage with his first employee, Shel Kaphan.
- He named Amazon.com after the mighty South American river, and arrow in the logo of Amazon indicates that customers can buy anything from a to z on the site.
- He believes working with a small team and has devised a rule called “Two Pizza Rule”: if a team cannot be fed with two pizzas, it’s too large.
- He is, in fact, a frugal and showed his frugality early on when he founded Amazon.com from his garage, as he turned a wooden door into a table. Although rather than calling it “frugality,” it should be termed as “creativity.”
- He is considered a generous donor too, as he donated $2.5 million for a same-sex marriage cause in Washington when one of his employees, Jennifer Cast, asked only $100,000 for donation.
- In 2003, he almost encountered a fatal accident; when he had a helicopter accident that gave him minor head lacerations.
- In his childhood, Jeff had an immense interest in aerospace, and in 2000, he realized his dream when he started a Space company “Blue Origin, LLC.” The vision of this company is to bring down the cost of Space travel, so everyone can go into Space.
- He made a surprise cameo in the 2016 film ‘Star Trek Beyond.’
- In 2018, he was listed first on the Forbes list of the World’s Billionaires.
- In March 2018, he made headlines when he stepped out to take his robotic dog (called SpotMini) for a walk.
- An after-dinner ritual that Bezos always adheres to is ‘washing the dishes.’ In an interview, he said about this ritual that,
I’m pretty convinced it’s the sexiest thing I do.” BUSINESS INSIDER
- When it comes to having a sound sleep, Bezos never misses it and always tries to have an eight-hour sleep. However, he wakes up every morning naturally; without the aid of an alarm clock.
- He is the first person in modern history to accumulate a fortune of over $100 billion.
- Jeff is known for his weird food habits. Once he was spotted eating a cooked cockroach.
- His brother, Mark Bezos is also into philanthropy and has switched his career from advertising to working for the New York-based anti-poverty organization, Robin Hood. Mark is also a volunteer firefighter.
References/Sources: [ + ]