Some Lesser Known Facts About Jeff Bezos
- Does Jeff Bezos smoke?: Not Known
- Does Jeff Bezos drink alcohol?: Not Known
- He was born to Jacklyn and Ted Jorgensen in New Mexico.
- When Jeff was born, his mother was just 17 years old and was still in High School.
- Jacklyn and Ted separated just after a year of their marriage.
- When Jeff was just 4 years old, Jacklyn married her 2nd husband, Miguel “Mike” Bezos, a Cuban who immigrated to the US alone at the age of 15. After the marriage, he adopted Jeff legally and took the responsibility to raise him.
- After the wedding, the family moved to Houston (Texas).
- During his childhood, he developed an interest in computers from his grandfather, Lawrence Preston Gise, who worked as Regional Director at the U.S. Atomic Energy Commission.
- From a young age, Jeff started displaying technological proficiencies and scientific interests.
- He was always inventing something- hovercraft, a Solar Cooker, a Robot, an Electric Alarm, etc. He invented an Electric Alarm as a security to keep his siblings out of his room.
- His first job was with Fitel, a startup telecom company. He worked there for two years. Later, he worked at Bankers Trust and D.E. Shaw, an investment management firm on Wall Street.
- Jeff and MacKenzie have 3 sons including 1 daughter. Their daughter is adopted from China.
- He quit his job at D.E. Shaw to start Amazon.com. Jeff rented a house and started working from his garage with his 1st employee Shel Kaphan.
- He named Amazon.com after the Mighty South American River and arrow in the logo of Amazon indicates that customers can buy anything from a to z on the site.
- He believes working with a small team and has devised a rule called “Two Pizza Rule”: if a team cannot be fed with two pizzas, it’s too large.
- He is, in fact, a frugal and showed his frugality early on when he founded Amazon.com from his garage, as he turned a wooden door into a table.
- He is considered a generous donor too, as he donated $2.5 for a same-sex marriage cause in Washington when one of his employees, Jennifer Cast asked for about $100,000 donation.
- In 2003, he almost encountered a fatal accident, as he had a helicopter accident that gave him minor head lacerations.
- In his childhood, Jeff had an immense interest in aerospace and in 2000 he realized his dream when he started a Space company, Blue Origin, LCC. The vision of this company is to bring down the cost of Space travel so everyone can go into Space.
- In 2018, he became the first person to top $100 billion as number one on the Forbes list of the World’s Billionaires.
- In March 2018, he made headlines when he stepped out to take his robotic dog (called SpotMini) for a walk.
- Here’s a detailed conversation with Jeff Bezos:
📢⚡TRENDING: Watch the biography of REAL "Gully Boy" - Naezy⚡