|Full name||Sanket Sahadev Gaonkar
|Profession(s)||Dancer and Choreographer|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 165 cm
in meters- 1.65 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 5”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 50 kg
in pounds- 110 lbs
|Date of Birth||16 May 1998 (Saturday)|
|Age (as of 2021)||23 Years|
|Educational Qualification||Bachelors in Science India Today|
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Anjali Chauhan (Dancer)
|Parents||Father- Shahadev Gaonkar
Mother- Surekha Gaonkar
|Siblings||Brother- Suraj Gaonkar|
|Actors||Salman Khan and Tiger Shroff|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Sanket Gaonkar
- Sanket Gaonkar is an Indian dancer. He is the winner of the dance reality show Dance India Dance seasons in 2017, 2018, and 2019.
- In 2021, he won the Dance Plus Telugu reality show. In 2019, Dhee Jodi, a Telugu dance reality show, was also won by Sanket Gaonkar.
- Sanket Gaonkar has a huge fan following on Instagram and Facebook. He is followed by more than 427k followers on Instagram. He regularly posts his dancing videos with articulated moves on his social media accounts to keep his followers entertained.
- Hip-Hop and contemporary are the dancing genres of Sanket Gaonkar.
- Sanket often participates in ETV’s Mallemala Entertainments program “Champion” as a guest. This is an Indian Telugu-language comedy television programme. He was also the winner of the Stars of Karnataka in 2017.
- According to Sanket Gaonkar, he wants to choreograph the songs for the Indian actors Salman Khan and Tiger Shroff in future. In a conversation with a media house, he narrated his future plans. He said,
I will shift base to Mumbai soon. I plan to take up professional choreography. My dream is to make Salman Khan dance on my steps. I am also a huge admirer of Tiger Shroff. His flexibility is like mine. He focuses on core strength. On the show, I saw so many Bollywood stars. Those were moments of disbelief.”
He further added that his father supported him in choosing dance as a career while his mother wanted him to study. He further narrated that he learnt all the dance skills and styles by watching online dancing tutorials and television shows and practising the same for six years. He stated,
I worked hard to come on this show for six years. I have regularly watched all the seasons and learned dancing from it. This is a huge platform and I cannot say how happy I am. Whatever I have learnt is from TV and online tutorials. My father was very supportive but my mom would always tell me to study. However, seeing me practice, she also nurtured a dream to see me on TV in a big platform.”
- The Murgaon Nagnik Shigmotsav Samiti’s event ‘Kalasangam’ in Vasco Da Gama, Goa, regularly invites Sanket Gaonkar to perform the dance shows for their charitable events.
- Sanket Gaonkar was a part of Goa’s event ‘Showcase’ to search the junior and senior dancing superstars in 2018. This event was popularly known as ‘Step out of the ordinary.’
- Reportedly, Sanket often helps the local poor children who aspire to become a dancer by teaching them dancing skills. He works with the ‘Sankush Dance Workshop,’ which is a charitable institute in different regions of India. This workshop focuses on training the aspired dancers. After entering into the Indian dance reality shows, this organisation was set up by Sanket Gaonkar and his friend Piyush Gurbhele, and they named it ‘Sankush Dance Workshop.’
- Sanket hails from Ankola, Karnataka, and he is often referred to as ‘Ankola ka Wowkar’ by his fans and admirers. Sanket often participates in the Ankola Utsav in Karnataka to show his dancing moves.
- In a conversation with a media house, Sanket Gaonkar talked about the idols of his life. He said,
He further disclosed about his favourite dance reality show judges. He said that he adored Master Mudassar and Mini Ma. He stated,
I have always been a fan of Master Mudassar since the very beginning but I am glad to have been guided by all three masters and my favourite judge is my Mini Ma who has got me perfect in dance and brought me where I am today. I simply love her and I am glad to have had her as my mentor.”
- Sanket has a pet dog named ‘Ceaser.’ He often shares pictures of his pet dog on his social media account.
- Sanket is often invited as a guest by various contemporary and Hip-Hop dance workshops in India.
- Sanket Gaonkar occasionally performs dance shows internationally.
- In a conversation with a media reporter, Sanket Gaonkar said that he was a fitness enthusiast and did yoga and physical exercise daily to keep his body fit. He further added that he never put himself on a restricted diet. He expressed,
I do stretching exercises and yoga to improve my flexibility. I do not diet nor do I go to the gym.”
- In an interview, he talked about winning the Indian dance reality show in 2018.
- In November 2021, Sanket Gaonkar narrated on the sets of the Indian dance reality show India’s Best Dance that his father was a cancer patient, and they required a huge amount of money for his treatment. His father was given a special sofa by the show producers so that his father can sit comfortably on it while watching the dance performances of his son.
- Sanket, along with his partner Anuradha, performed their first dance episode of India’s Best dancer 2021 on the ice slabs that left the audience and judges amazed. After his performance, he said on the stage,
It was the grand premiere and I felt that the occasion calls for something memorable and noteworthy. So, I decided to take a plunge and give my all as I prepared for an act on the ice slab. With the help of my choreographer Anuradha, I was able to do justice to my act and won the hearts of the judges! Humbled for all the love they have shown me until now. This is just the beginning. There is a lot in store for me.”
- Sanket Gaonkar is fond of playing volleyball and swimming in his leisure time. He was also a state-level volleyball player during his college days.